In this jam-packed episode, we run through updates on still active news stories, discuss some current cool and not so cool things from the last two weeks, and check out a hyped anomaly that probably wasn’t as described. Closing out the episode is a great conversation about what transpired at Cryptid Con 2017 – a convention featuring monsters, some of which people contend are real and out there, sometimes way, WAY out there.
We aren’t talking about the Voynich Manuscript, but feel free to check this out.
The investigation into alleged sonic weapon use against diplomats in Cuba is producing nothing but more confusion.
The UFO Rendezvous took place in Hulett, Wyoming. It seemed fun and fan-oriented, very New Agey. Tin-foil was featured heavily.
One verdict has come down in the Slenderman stabbing case in Wisconsin.
- Weier was found to be mentally ill at the time of attacks
- About Slenderman
- Check out our review of Beware the Slenderman in Episode #10
Same thing different day…
It’s the end of the world, again.
- Why does David Meade think that Septemeber 23 is the beginning of the end? Because nonsense can be warped to sound like sense to some people.
If you find a bizarre creature washed up on the beach, please use a scale item in the picture. Prepare for it to go viral on social media.
The much-hyped “Viking Warrior Woman” has some big problems. The researchers may have extended their conclusions beyond the data.
- “Wonder Woman lived” – This is no good, Washington Post.
- Let’s Debate Female Viking Warriors Yet Again
- Full paper
Strange sprays indeed! These novelty sprays kind of stink.
Anomaly Report: The widely reported “earthquake lights” were likely exploding electrical transformers and breaking wires.
Interview: Cryptid con observations featuring Sharon, Jeb Card and Blake Smith