THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR DEBATE
This site attempts to counteract misinformation. It is not a forum, nor a place to debate claims. Therefore, we will not allow the comments section to be a platform for outside misinformation. We heavily moderate the comments section to only include worthwhile contributions by our discretion.
- Comments should ADD to the interpretation of the story, especially if you are involved in the story. Additional info you can add is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED but it should be verifiable. Putting in your “two cents” is discouraged.
- Questions on the story and for other commentators are welcome if cordial.
- This is a science-based site. We will delete propaganda, invitations for debate, pseudoscience, or faith-based comments. We moderate in accordance with staying true to the goals of the site, so, if you are simply against the established scientific consensus on a topic, or just want to argue, comments will not be approved.
- Comments longer than the original post are unlikely to be approved. Feel free to include a link to more information instead.
- Try to keep comments specifically to the topic of the story. Comments too far afield may be removed.
- Overcommenting on one or many threads is not appreciated. Continued posting on the same thread just to argue will be curtailed.
- Incivility, name-calling, sexist or prejudiced remarks are not allowed.
- A comment that is grammatically incomprehensible will not be allowed.
- Please note that we do not write the news stories we link to, we frame it to emphasize critical thought and add context. If you do not like what the news is about, we can’t help that.
If you feel the moderation behavior has been in error, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re sorry that authors can’t respond to every comment individually.
Finallly, we reserve the right to approve really silly or dumb comments for a good laugh or illustrative purposes – it’s our site.
Please read this piece about the privilege of commenting.
PERSONAL WEBSITES ARE NOT A PUBLIC FREE-FOR-ALL
JUST BECAUSE WE MODERATE COMMENTS DOES NOT MEAN WE RESTRICT FREE SPEECH.
YOU ARE FREE TO WRITE YOUR OWN BLOG WITH WHATEVER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE.
Editor, Sharon Hill