15 CREDIBILITY STREET
A sharp-eyed view of questionable claims
Evidence-based critique of news of the paranormal, pseudoscience,
health claims, and anomalies.
DN is a privately-owned, science- and evidence-based site brought to you by Lithospherica, LLC. We help our audience see beyond the news headlines and fantastic anecdotes.
Subjects covered include: alt med/anti-vax, cryptozoology, hauntings, paranormal, UFOs, psychics, superstition, Fortean topics, and money-making schemes, as well as questionable claims in the news media.
Critical thinking is essential to wade through today’s news and consumer marketing. DN is a resource to hear about critical pieces of the story that the media has left out so you can make an informed conclusion. Visit DN and practice practical skepticism everyday.
For social media and contact info, please see our CONTACT US page.
In order to maintain the theme and high quality of this site, all comments are moderated.
- Comments should be thoughtful, smart, well-written and related to the story. Humor is also appreciated. Views should be supported with evidence.
- Aggressive, incoherent, vulgar, libelous or unhelpful comments will be disallowed.
- Very long comments will be disallowed unless highly pertinent. Excessive, repeat commenting is not appreciated.
- Criticism should be constructive and delivered in a civil tone.
- The editor may censor portions of comments to remove inflammatory language if the rest of the comment is worthwhile. In all cases, this will be clearly annotated.
- Religious, medical, or paranormal anecdotes or “this happened to me” are discouraged unless well-supported. Promotion, propaganda, piffle, and proselytizing will be disallowed.
- If you are a person mentioned in the news story, and the story misrepresents your views or requires correction, we will post your comments provided the above rules are met.
- Disruptive commenters will be banned immediately.
Please read this piece about the privilege of commenting
Send some love! (Gifts, tips and commissions)
Note from Editor on Errors
We apologize that entries may have typos, poor grammar or mistakes due to the low number of staff and our desire to get the story out as soon as possible. Find a problem? Send your comments to email@example.com and we will fix it.
Use of Material
Material used from this site MUST be credited to the site. No material is authorized to be used in its entirety without permission. Material can be translated to another language and reposted only with permission.