WooHoo, lucky number 13!
Topics for this episode include:
- T’s travelogue of Liverpool for a Beatles tour. Just how small were the houses they grew up in and how did Ringo fit a drum kit into his room?
- Would you want to live in a famous house? No.
- Howard presents the “Chocolate Minute” on the history of Reese’s peanut butter cup.
- Why Water Witching is still popular. Sharon gives a thumbnail outline of hydrogeology. There is almost certainly not an underground stream under your house.
- There is a gigantic natural gas fireplace in the Turkmenistan desert. But no bathrooms.
- Chuck Berry died. T was the only one of us who saw him live but it was not a pretty site.
- Then Chuck Barris died, confusing some people. If you have never watched the Gong Show it was like the worst of America’s Got Talent. But there were genuinely entertaining and talented acts occasionally on the show. Here is Chuck Barris hosting Oingo Boingo in a spectacular appearance before Danny Elfman became a movie soundtrack star.
- York County man who subscribed to bizarre conspiracy beliefs kills his wife.
- The upcoming solar eclipse is being whipped up by some evangelicals as an “act of God” that signals coming End Times.
- Sharon tussles with a psychic who is extremely concerned with her online reputation and who may not understand how the Internet works. Pro tip: It behooves you to be pleasant when requesting an action be taken instead of opening with a ridiculous legal threat. This isn’t the first time a psychic pulled a stupid stunt like this. It’s how some people try to intimidate bloggers to remove negative information about them.
- We try not to tread on copyright claims but others are very blase about it, like when podcasts get broadcast on public radio or entire articles are scraped and posted on ad-based sites.
- Finally, Sharon gets a used book containing annoying marginalia.
And, heads up, there’s a throwdown extra if you stick it out to the bitter end.
Listen here but PLEASE subscribe using Itunes, Google Play or your podcast app. Thanks!