Holiday lull in weird news

Forgive me, readers, it’s been 5 days since I posted a new story to Doubtful News.

I’m not sure if I’m missing stuff, if it’s quiet because of the recent backlash against stupid fake news stories, or if it’s just that time of year where discussion of mysterious things is not cool, but I am finding no good stories to dig into here at DN. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, it’s just eerily quiet.

Sure there are the normal streams of nonsense from pro-paranormal sites. But these tales aren’t reaching into the mainstream which seems to be preoccupied with Trump’s cabinet picks – a veritable Cirque d’ânes all its own.

I am posting minor stories that don’t need additional in-depth information to our Twitter and Facebook feeds. And, I’ll soon be posting an aggregated news page so you can explore other sage debunkers across the web.

Send your suggestions for coverage to editor(at)doubtfulnews.com. Email questions may be used in our podcast 15 Credibility St. Nastygrams may be publicly exposed for entertainment and educational purposes.

I’ll keep looking. Meanwhile, here’s some Gaga.
gaga-xmas

No, I don’t think she really said that stuff about Prince Charles. But I wouldn’t doubt it.

7 comments for “Holiday lull in weird news

1. bill turnbull
    December 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM

I was pretty skeptical until I got toward the bottom and read:
    “In Peru a respected psychic told me she sees powerful politicians, like Obama, Angela Merkel and Justin Trudeau, turn into reptiles whenever she watches an international news channel.”.

Not just a psychic, but a _trusted_ psychic. Count me as a convert.

2. Jody Price
    December 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM

For about a day now I’ve seen something about something called the ‘Muriwai Monster’ popping up on Facebook. It looks like a barnacle covered pile of poo. People are calling it an alien sea monster. (Not!) Maybe you could look into it if you haven’t already.

3. December 13, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Talk about timing! Just posted!!!

4. Tim Mendham
    December 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM

I think the idea that the ‘shame’ associated with fake news during your rather interesting election* might have put some media off the idea of publishing overt rubbish is quite interesting. I daresay, even if that is the case, it won’t last, but it’s still a good thought to pursue – the shame cycle vs the crap cycle. On the current crap news scene, however, us people in Australia* are seeing some coverage in the fringe media of the Spiritual Science Research Foundation’s theory on gayness and ghosts – apparently 85% of ‘cases’ of homosexuality are caused by possession.
    * BTW, your election + Australia: you voted and we watched, and then we cringe and hide. Surely we should have had some say in this!

5. Jody Price
    December 13, 2016 at 8:46 PM

😎

6. the14thListener
    December 14, 2016 at 10:12 AM

You Aussies could try to become more “powerful” of “influential” as a nation than us here in the US. Militarily, economically, culturally, whatever. We’re trying very hard to decline.

7. the14thListener
    December 14, 2016 at 10:14 AM

I refuse to click, so please help me out as you dared. Is someone alleging that Lady Gaga is going Icke and saying that Charles is taking after his mother the Lizard Queen?