Michelle Obama would never go this low

Everyone is sharing an apropos if inappropriate image of Michelle Obama holding a sign that says “An immigrant is taking my job”. Some people will undoubtedly think it’s genuine but for the record, let’s be clear that it is NOT.

M_obama sign

The photo originated back in May of 2014 when FLOTUS called attention to the plight of Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram.

Sign

The photo, simple and powerful, was easily manipulated to blank out the sign and turn it into a meme generator.

The ultra-classy First Lady would never broadcast such an insult. Damn, I will miss her SO MUCH.

16 comments for “Michelle Obama would never go this low

1. Bob Jase
    November 17, 2016 at 12:14 PM

We can look forward to hearing Megalania repeat her best speeches at least.

2. Aaron
    November 17, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for that. I agree, Michelle Obama is ultra classy, and I will miss both her as First Lady and her husband as POTUS. I’ve never in my life looked backwards and thought “those were the good days” compared to the present. I’ve always remembered the challenges and the struggles that we tend to nostalgically overlook. That said, I have a pretty good sense that we will truly be able to look back at some time in the future and honestly say, that those were the good old days, when Obama was in office. Time will tell of course, and everything seems to be relative, but relative to what we are seeing so far, I am really going to miss these past 8 years.

3. November 17, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Melania. I hope the above was a autocorrect typo, Bob. Don’t go low.

4. November 17, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Unfortunately, fake news about Mrs. Obama sometimes gets trumped by actual racist news wherein a West Virginia woman called Michelle Obama an “ape in high heels.”

See “West Virginia Mayor and County Employee Under Fire For Racist Comments Against First Lady Michelle Obama”

Interestingly, Pamela Taylor, who was fired from her top spot at a government funded non-profit, feels she is the victim. She told WSAZ she did not intend for her original post to be interpreted as racist.” She says “she was expressing her opinions on Michelle’s physical attractiveness.”

5. November 17, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Excuses excuses. I have no sympathy for this woman or anyone else in public capacity that makes such obviously abhorrent statements.

6. Elizabeth Hinckley
    November 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM

unappropriate is not a word.

7. November 17, 2016 at 3:32 PM

It SHOULD be. Fixed. Thanks.

8. Tommy
    November 19, 2016 at 6:20 AM

This is an interesting phrase: “apropos if inappropriate.” It’s an oxymoron, in that an inappropriate thing (a sign) is appropriate (apropos) in that it increases discussion or is a sign of the times. It’s a bit ironic that the anti-immigrant party has elected a serial immigrant partnerer, but hardly likely that either Obama would express disapproval in such a manner as depicted above.

9. November 19, 2016 at 9:58 PM

As time passes after this election, I just keep getting more sad news. First, I learned that 44% of Americans get their news from Facebook. Now you are saying that people look at this and don’t realize it is fake. I’m laughing and crying at the same time.

10. November 19, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Totally agree. At this point, Melania has done nothing wrong. I find it disturbing how quickly some people are going low on her. Misogyny is misogyny, no matter who it is aimed at.

11. Hiram
    November 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM

Anyone who pays any attention to what happens around the world would know that this is an obvious fake. This was an iconic image circulated around on social and news media after the dastardly Boko Haram abductions of the Chibok girls in 2014. I even remember Michelle Obama calling the act “unconscionable”.

But then we are supposed to be living in a post-truth world, so it’s to be expected that some people will buy this kind of cheap slanderous stuff.

12. November 20, 2016 at 11:10 AM

That first sentence is a faulty assumption in many senses.

13. John Eidsmoe
    December 6, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Anyone (at least, any Trump supporter) can see that this sign is a joke, reflecting the irony that immigrant Melania will be taking Michelle Obama’s position as First Lady despite Trump’s strong stand on illegal immigration.

I’ve been told liberals have no sense of humor. Now I’m starting to believe it.

14. December 6, 2016 at 5:59 PM

This from the crowd that supports Alex Jones? Spare me…

15. Jeffie T.
    December 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM

And, this is from the crowd that supports Van Jones?
    I demand equal sparing…

16. December 6, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Not familiar. But Alex Jones as conspiracist nutbag has few equals.