Bigfoot Captured breaks History: Channel continues to fake out viewers

WOW! History Channel pulled a “Mermaids” gimmick. Why would they sabotage their credibility? Oh wait, ever since it became the “Hitler” Channel a while ago, it’s been heading downhill. According to this review of their latest special program, Bigfoot Captured, a “shameful fake documentary” about Bigfoot, it’s hit rock bottom.

bigfoot captured main

All you can really say is that it looks LESS fake than the fake in a cage from Russia. That’s a f**ing LOW bar.

Reviewer Jim Vorel of Paste Magazine takes the show and the network to task for a reprehensible production. He notes that most people will consider this entertainment (what about HISTORY?), but, don’t assume too much.

The problem is that no, not everyone knows it’s entertainment. And if you’re intelligent enough to know that, then you should also realize that it’s the impressionable people watching who most need a source they can actually trust in order to provide real information. These people don’t need entertainment. They need a network that’s actually serving their best interest—and for the record, their best interest is “Not having pseudoscientific beliefs that they’ll pass on to anyone in earshot.”

Still don’t believe that anyone takes a program like Bigfoot Captured seriously? Okay, let me just go check Twitter for 30 seconds, hold on…

And then he follows with quotes of presumably real people who just want to believe. Badly. So badly, that they will not suffer any modicum of thinking (let alone critical thinking) and really buy into this premise. I might guess the positive comments were fake but, I’ve seen too much to underestimate people’s gullibility. Recall that for the mermaids and megalodon television fiascos, some people responded the same way –  assuming it was real. I even had my own personal situation as some of my own family members thought the mermaids show was real. I’m not kidding. I REALLY wish I was, though.

Bigfoot Captured followed the form of those two M & M stinkers by structuring the show as realistic – researchers looking for evidence. However, among the actors was a real scientist, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, who is WELL KNOWN as probably the most credentialed Bigfoot advocate around. He seemed so worried about how the show would turn out that he put up a message of disclaimer on his Facebook page.

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 3.35.27 PM

He also noted that the taping was done a while ago. He was only directly involved with “the conception and creation of the hypothetical skeleton” as described in this media piece. Regardless, the speculation quotient in the mostly unscientific field of cryptozoology is already REALLY high, it’s always been. This sort of contemporary TV depiction takes it over the edge, even annoying serious Bigfoot believers. Vogel, who discovered Meldrum did not know what the program was going to turn in to was still not sympathetic. Rather, such a piece of crap production should be expected; it’s the norm. Many scientists have already refused to participate in interviews with the Discovery Network. No wonder!

Bigfoot Captured is another in a series of programs that History Channel labels “Breaking History”. This also includes specials about hunting Hitler, finding the lost colony of Roanoke and Atlantis, the truth about Alcatraz, predictions of Nostradamus, and secrets of Einstein’s brain. They may indeed have broken history. Nice job. Full disclosure: I didn’t watch the program, nor will I. It should be too ridiculous to even mention. After a point, you learn not to waste time on this kind of television. But, if we have to spell it out as to WHY it was OBVIOUS that such a show would be speculative nonsense or outright fiction, here are two reasons and a helpful rule of thumb:

• There is no scientifically compelling evidence of Bigfoot. If there was such evidence, more than a few scientists would be all over it.
  • If a Bigfoot had been found, dead or alive, the news of it would not be appearing on a cable special.
  • Considering the current lineup of shows on this channel, this one falls along the same pattern of garbage shows like Ancient Aliens, UFO Hunters, and the rest of the “reality” fare delivered by History Channel. They seem to have a thing going; it’s unsurprising this follows the pattern.

Discovery Channel supposedly gave up the bottom of the barrel sludge they called “Monster Week” that featured “Man-eating Superwolves” and “Killer Lampreys” followed by “Killed By a Yeti“. They also resorted to cheap media hoaxing tactics. But the worst and most unethical thing they did was to have actors playing scientists with very real-sounding names and government titles, and outright hoaxing the evidence. Nevertheless, those types of shows got huge ratings.

Destination America has picked up the paranormal theme from SyFy and Discovery Network, so the tabloid-type tv shows continue.

In the past few years, Animal Planet seemed to run out of real animals to talk about and ventured into the realm of mythical monsters with the added feature of treating them as real. Science writer Brian Switek said Animal Planet “embodies the rotting carcass of science TV”. Now we can say the same about History Channel for historical programming. The phenomena is known as “channel drift” where the network strays away from its mission in order to attract a larger (less discerning) audience. Word: Short-term gains will lead to long-term DOOM.

Fake history on “History Channel”…
Mythical animals on “Animal Planet”…
Hoaxed discoveries on “Discovery Channel”…

Keep digging your holes deeper, why don’t ya’ Rock bottom is close by!

We live in fraudulent times. That’s what Doubtful News is here for.

50 comments for “Bigfoot Captured breaks History: Channel continues to fake out viewers

1. Steve
    November 11, 2015 at 4:46 PM

I really wish the first thing taught in science classes is Carl Sagan’s phrase “extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof”. I didn’t hear it until my mid 20’s, changed my thinking.

Although I did get taught to never buy snake oil from a salesman and “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is”.

I think the History Channel still has a way before hitting rock bottom, after all they still haven’t had the special “Bigfoot vs. Hitler, the battle for control of Atlantis!” Of course, as predicted by Nostradamus and judged by aliens.

2. Eric
    November 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I think it’s such a shame that the same money used to produce these scam shows could actually be used for real scientific research etc and again a show could be produced. Fund an actual real archeological dig or expedition into the jungle to look for new plants / animals etc. and do it with real scientists!! Not sure why this is such a far fetched idea. I think this is what nat geo does?

3. Matthew M. Anderson
    November 11, 2015 at 6:21 PM

For many people, “seeing is believing”, and an image is more powerful than a hundred reasons. There is a general blurring of fact & fiction, reality & fantasy, news & propaganda. Many have adopted the notion that there IS no reality, and whatever you believe to be true is true for you. You have your truth and I have my truth, in other words. How did we get here? When did feeling replace thinking? I expect more and greater deception from more and more once-trusted sources.

4. Asha
    November 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Steve, I agree. I get so depressed when I think about the complete lack of critical thinking skills most people seem to have these days. (I’m also battling a migraine today, and so I’m much more pessimistic, misanthropic doom and gloom than usual. Apparently, extraordinary pain turns me into an extraordinarily pessimistic misanthrope, but I digress.)
    I’m sorry to have to correct you, but I think that your Bigfoot v. Hitler smackdown hypothesis is incorrect, as History (a division of A&E networks) will pull a fast one on us, revealing that Bigfoot IS Hitler, Hitler IS Bigfoot. The specifics of how it works aren’t important, only the ratings are. Nostradamus not only predicted it, but he’ll also be judging it, as he’s an alien. No, he’s ALL aliens. Every UFO crash/sighting/abduction, etc., that was him. Multiple aliens were seen? It was still all him. Again, the fact that he’s still alive, has a spaceship and can appear as multiple beings in different places around the world all at once isn’t as important as the ratings, but basically, they’ll use it next year to “expose” Santa Claus. Krampus will be featured heavily in this, because he’s so de rigeur these days, and of course we’ll learn that Krampus is Bigfoot is Hitler. Duh! Anyhow, this “evidence” will be revealed “live” from Atlantis, which is, of course, a secret Nazi base that is hidden under the ice in Antarctica, and also under the water in the Arctic, (North Pole, of course!) whilst also being located in the center of the hollow earth, and, most obviously, on the moon. All at the same time. Because, ratings and no thinking, critical or otherwise.

5. Dolores
    November 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Jeff Meldrum has misled millions and lined his own pocket in the process. His pearl-clutching about one TV show is frankly ridiculous. At least the show did give some disclaimers. Unlike most of Meldrum’s entertainment ventures.

6. fredthechemist
    November 11, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Next show: “UFO Aliens Sank Titanic – Elvis’ Ghost reveals”

7. Graham
    November 11, 2015 at 7:40 PM

I don’t fully know just how it happened, but the first step was when postmodernism left literary studies and was embraced wholeheartedly by the ‘New Age Movement’, peddling woo is so much easier if everything is just a matter of opinion.

8. jerrywayne
    November 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM

It’s all about profits. Sadly, more people are interested in nonsense than in real history. Commercial sells are the driving force, not legitimate information.

9. November 11, 2015 at 9:00 PM

I now really want to start a thread just about recommended extreme History Channel programs. Search/Tweet #NextOnHistoryChannel

10. oLO
    November 12, 2015 at 6:18 AM

A most elaborate promotion of both the network and their “fringe features”.
    This article most certainly has more research and facts backing it up than the features themselves will, but I am slightly surprised by the vigorousness to ridicule a rather ominous subject as this.

11. Adam
    November 12, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I used to pay for Sky TV (in the UK) but cancelled partly because many of the factual channels simply don’t even pretend to be factual any more. Discovery, History, National Geographic all used to have a reasonable output of documentaries but these days just throw out a lot of garbage – fake reality shows, ancient mysteries / UFOs, etc. It’s pure dreck.

12. Headless Unicorn Guy
    November 12, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Or the classic tabloid headline:

ALIEN HAS ELVIS’ BABY

13. Headless Unicorn Guy
    November 12, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Science writer Brian Switek said Animal Planet “embodies the rotting carcass of science TV”.

CRIKEY…

The phenomena is known as “channel drift” where the network strays away from its mission in order to attract a larger (less discerning) audience.

Going for the Bored Housewife demographic (just like Harlequin Romance, Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and their knockoffs). As Sci-Fi channel bragged when they went SyFy: “Bored Housewives really dig The Occult.”

14. Headless Unicorn Guy
    November 12, 2015 at 8:56 AM

Which is why I always figured this shit was bogus from day one.

If there was some Big Cryptozoolgical Discovery with Hard Evidence and Actual Proof — WE WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT BY NOW! THROUGH OTHER CHANNELS!

(As an aside, cryptos seem to be fixated on Nessie and Bigfoot; there’s a lot of other claimed cryptids out there. The one I’d like to see something on is the Onza, the cryptid big cat of Mesoamerica. Probably a mutant subspecies of cougar, but the cheetah-like physique is interesting; cougars are genetically closely-related to cheetahs, and there WAS an American cheetah in Pleistocene times. Throwback genes popping up? Genetic drift repeating itself?)

15. Headless Unicorn Guy
    November 12, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Only reason I have cable (570 Channels and Nothing On) is it’s a package with my broadband.

The only TV I watch these days is Game of Thrones and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Only things worth watching on the air.

16. Son goku
    November 12, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Why don’t they just make a scary movie instead of these fake docutainments. I would watch it lol.

17. busterggi (Bob Jase)
    November 12, 2015 at 11:37 AM

When it was the ‘Hitler Channel’ it was respectable – there was a real Hitler. Now its total unreliable ‘reality’ crap.

18. Mr. B
    November 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM

My thoughts exactly. He is in this too deep as he’s part of the culture why this “show” was made in the first place. He has to be very, very careful how he parses his responses.

19. Massachusetts
    November 12, 2015 at 3:09 PM

I hope I haven’t missed relevant comments since I read through this quickly. I have mixed feelings. I have no problem with imaginative, fictional “what if” storytelling, and I have enjoyed such works, if done well. You might argue all of science fiction unfolds along these lines. I do have a problem with people getting the wrong information and not realizing such stories are fictitious. I don’t know how to reconcile the two positions. I don’t understand why people are so ignorant, but clearly they are, about topics related to science. Clearly our educational system is failing. I am genuinely ambivalent.

20. November 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof”. I once attended a conference of UFO contactees/abductees. Someone said that, if your neighbor said he saw a red car you’d believe him, so why not if he said he was abducted by aliens? Clearly not everyone has heard Sagan’s quote.

21. Karl
    November 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I gave the program about ten minutes of my time before turning it off. I liked the actor who said he was sure Bigfoot was in the woods they were presently exploring. He qualified his statement by saying that Bigfoot would be comfortable there, because no one ever went into those woods. He made the qualification as he walked down a well worn hiking path with three cameras on him.

One’s intelligence can only be insulted so far…

22. Jim
    November 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

It should be called the mystery channel you have to wonder what’s real and what’s not maybe a spinoff of The Twilight Zone I’m disappointed in them I think it’s time to look at a new program director and remember what the History Channel is supposed to be

23. Perry
    November 12, 2015 at 11:21 PM

“Not sure why this is such a far fetched idea.”

Profits. I suspect the money needed to produce these shows is a pittance compared to what real scientific research would cost. Its probably far cheaper to produce these fictions than it is to do real science with real scientists.

24. Duder
    November 13, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Attorneys representing the creators of the Blair Witch Project should be contacting the creators of this blatant rip-off shortly.

25. November 13, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I was laying here just lazily flipping up the channel selections. Not really paying attention as my mind is so filled with sorrow for the many many victems of this evenings terrorist attacks in Paris France. My Heart, My thoughts My Prayers are with the victems and their loved ones. May God Help them to find peace and eventual forgiveness.

Then I just happened upon this program . Bigfoot Captured. I said to myself hmmm. In the first couple of minutes they cut to what was obviously prepositioned stationary camera. With night vision capability. In the upper right corner this camera was labeled Trail Cam 1 .

Suddenly the bushes just to the right begin to move you could see the movement progressing in the direction of the camera . I thought to myself. Wow this is a really good camera. As the clarity was awesome. Am I actually going to see a Bigfoot . Ha Ha . HA… Then of course The camera is beieng moved then quickly falls to the ground . Just a couple of feet fall . But it sure must have broken the darn thing. Because when Squatch picked it up it was so blurry . You just couldn’t make anything out . “Humph” . I says .

I thought back though as they were carrying on about it is definitely a Bigfoot . I was like this is the New Dang Blair Witch Project Movie . How fun . Surprised it is on the dang History Channel though . “Humph” I says again .

26. Tome
    November 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM

I absolutely have a problem when networks like “History”, “Discovery”, “The Learning Channel”, etc… who made their claim and fame on actual REAL documentaries, get bought by “MORE profit” companies and then hire programming managers who must produce in order to keep their jobs. So, programming that could serve to educate, stimulate, or inform the public in a positive and productive manner is then removed in order to bring in programs that appeal more to those who don’t know the difference between what real research, science, or DOCUMENTARY really is. Unfortunately, the viewers who prefer to be LIED to and fooled are the greater viewing number and thus allow these networks to charge more for more advertising.

Adding a disclaimer, if they even bother, doesn’t make what these networks do any more respectable. The fact that these shows are really and truly FAKE is reason enough for them not to be on these networks who were once respected for giving viewers honest and real information. From a broadcasting standpoint the FCC should look into these types of programs and look at what these types of shows are claiming even when they know it’s fake and especially scripted. We used to have oversight in this country so that snake-oil peddlers could be exposed and forced to prove a claim or stop peddling, period.
    Networks that choose to peddle these snakeoilmentaries should be held to that standard. If they produce and broadcast an obvious and fake show, or even a well done fake, they should be forced to have a disclaimer informing the viewing public that the show they are watching is in fact FICTION, and that disclaimer should be on the screen during the duration of that program.

Networks like History, Discovery, TLC, all have a FORMER reputation of broadcasting good, authentic, educational, and informational programs and now they are using that FORMER reputation to bring a larger audience share to their channels, all in an attempt to get a larger dollar amount per 15 second or 30 second ad.
    That money and profit is the only thing that drives these channels because it’s becoming more and more clear that providing the good type of programming they used to give is no longer good enough for them.
    They can count me as a FORMER VIEWER as I can’t stand even more wasted time and effort with every freaking channel to out-fake each other with even more outrageous claims. “Reality” TV got out of hand many years ago and some programming managers, mostly the younger ones, don’t have enough creativity or integrity to say, “ENOUGH!”, a “History” channel should show programming related to the history and the study of history not some twisted marketing BS as, “History happens every day.” BullSHit! There here and now is not what the field of “history” calls “history”, we call it ‘current events’. Create a “current events” channel and put those trucker shows, lumberjacks, gemstone farmers, and all that on an appropriately identified network.

As for the Dr. Meldrum, his “excuse” doesn’t sway me one bit. I know that there is no way that show would have aired if Dr. Meldrum would not have signed off on using his image and voice. If they truly deceived him, then he could have demanded for his image, voice, and participation be removed. His lawyer/s could have easily stopped the airing of that program, especially considering how fallacious the show is.
    Also, for someone with a doctorate he sure seems to be oblivious as to what he is doing as he plays along with the production while not knowing what the point of the video is? Either he’s that stupid, or knows exactly what he’s doing. I’ll put my money on the latter.

His tweet, text, email, whatever is but another part of the marketing of a “brand” that he makes for himself as well as for that video. By trying to distance himself it allows him to get back to work to create all of the other BS programs he has and is putting together. He still gets paid for his work and tries to save face for the other programs.
    All the while he could have stopped the broadcast of that program if he really wanted to.

27. November 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM

History Channel you just lost another viewer with that crap. Anyone with some sense would do the same.

28. Tome
    November 13, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Quite true!

In that fakeumentary the narrator made a claim that even Alexander the Great hunted a Yeti, but couldn’t find one.
    Given how big that army was, if any of that is even true, they would have scoured and covered the area, and they would have found all manner of creatures that require a decent size pool of mates and children by which to keep the group thriving.

The idea of Big Foot, a large hairy ape, living on our planet is pretty cool. It would be awesome if there were definitive proof of their existence. Unfortunately, even since the original film that was shot in the 60’s, it’s been at least 50 years, 1/2 of a century, and still nothing of any significance has been found. Foot prints do NOT count at all.
    When I look at the wide wide variety of claimed Big Foot print casts the shapes of the feet, toes, and relative positions of the toes show that those prints are coming from an extremely wide variety of feet. These prints don’t prove Big Foot exists, if anything they show how much people want to believe that Big Foot is real when they are willing to accept prints that look like they are from a completely different species of animal yet all the prints are claimed to be Big Foot. Really? There is that much variance in the Big Foot genome? For such a small group of animals it’s pretty darn amazing how much variance there is in the genome that attributes for such disparity of foot shape.
    If these prints were very similar and yet found over extreme differences that would give more credence to the claim.

Big Foot and yeti were a genetic experiment done by the tall gray aliens on a bet from the thin and short aliens that they couldn’t get a gorilla and a man to mate and have a baby. So the “grays” abducted a man and a woman along with a male and female gorilla, and then threw them a mixer with alcohol and leafy root vegetation and then they let the unnatural take it’s course.

29. John VV
    November 14, 2015 at 1:54 AM

normally i do not comment – my area of expertise is imaging of Mars ( orbiters and rovers)

but

i KNOW first hand what you mean by having a family member think one of these things IS REAL

A inlaw really REALLY thinks that the Alien autopsy was real
    and that the mermaid shows are very likely real

and this is not someone with a 80 iq but maybe average and a product of the Detroit public area schools

ALL the science he knows is from TV ( pop tv and NOT pbs)

30. Olevrec
    November 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Sharon,
    I’m a little confused…this past March you seemed to be an advocate and supportive of unsupported research in regards to Bigfoot.

Has something changed?

31. ApexDisorder
    November 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM

My biggest hope for an honest investigation on big foot was when Les Straud was gonna take up the challenge.
    Then I find out hes paired up with Todd Standing.
    such a let down.

32. November 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM

No. You did not read that article you cite carefully and distinguish between giving people a fair hearing about a claim to figure out what REALLY might be going on and noting blatant bullshit of the TV show.

I was disgusted by the reaction I got to that past article by a few people mired in pathological skepticism and rejection. That’s not what I’m about and long time followers (or at least thoughtful readers) would have seen that.

33. Headless Unicorn Guy
    November 15, 2015 at 2:41 PM

All I can say about that is you have never heard a “pathological skepticism and rejection” speech until you have heard it from the mouth of a Magical Talking Purple Unicorn. (Twilight Sparkle, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Season 1 episode 15, “Feeling Pinkie Keen”).

34. Oleverc
    November 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM

That’s were you would be incorrect, I’ve followed and read everything available by that organization.
    To suggest that an ape has been visiting a single cabin in the Quachtia Montains every spring for over a decade is most likley a bigger load of bullshit than the tv show….but then of course any suggestion that an undocumented anything over 10lbs is roaming anywhere on the continental US is quite a load as well.

35. November 15, 2015 at 8:08 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. I certainly did not read “everything” from them. I evaluated what I was given.

If you and the few underground Sasquatch “experts” on the ISS forum want to CONTINUE to rail on me about it, piss off. I don’t value that source of opinions anymore after that.

36. Olevrec
    November 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM

It’s not an opnion….it’s a fact the NAWAC organization claims regular contact with Bigfoot every spring over the past decade.

Are you saying you where unaware of this claim?

If so…does that affect your opinion as to which is a bigger load of BS?

Not really sure what your so anger about, but I can assure I’m no expert on imaginary creatures 😉

37. November 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Shockingly, I have more important things to do than hang around Bigfoot forums and worry about who is talking hominid smack today.

So, Nope. My opinion is not changed.

BTW, this story is about a TV show that was seen by hundreds of thousands of people, it seems. This post alone was seen by thousands. Let’s stick to the topic at hand. On second thought, I don’t really have anything more to say, Cervelo. This was a lame attempt to stir a nonexistent pot.

38. Mario
    November 16, 2015 at 3:10 AM

ITS not weather people believe in bigfoot or mermaids or whatever the case maybe its just I always thought the history channel was for true fact learning history with todays technology lots of past reports of past history are said to be wrong with new evidence’s and such..but with this bigfoot show I could tell it wasnt a serious show but it let me down because it just becoming a reality channel now…i liked when it was for learning and finding out new things…man what a let down..

39. Asha
    November 16, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Headless Unicorn Guy,

This is kind of off-topic, but relates to your proclaimed love of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I saw in one of your other replies lower down your mention of Twilight Sparkle, and I just had to share this:
    They also have Rainbow Dash (but I know, Rainbow Dash is a pegasus, not a unicorn, if that matters, since you are “Headless Unicorn Guy, not Headless Pegasus Guy.)
    I know, Spirithoods is totally marketed toward the college-age, music festival-attending hipster crowd, they’re hella expensive, and the company has a crap reputation for the appropriation of Native American culture, etc., but any die-hard MLP fan can still appreciate these. A friend has told me that they’re going to be doing several more MLP characters, with Princess Celestia possibly being the next.
    I’ve also heard from the same friend (she’s into Spirithoods) that they may be working on a Game of Thrones themed hat, specifically, a Dire Wolf. Anyhow, just wanted to share some interesting and somewhat obscure My Little Pony merch with you, since you’re a fan.😁

Sharon, sorry for posting something so completely off topic.😣

40. Poisonfart
    November 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM

WOW when I saw ..”Kamloops BC..the hotbed for Bigfoot sightings”. My thought was I must have been living under a rock,because I’ve lived in Kamloops for 46 years & haven’t heard of even 1 Bigfoot sighting here ….or someone is spreading cow poopoo

41. Erickson
    November 21, 2015 at 10:38 AM

I was thinking of the possibility of cross over shows, like if TLC’s Sister Wives went hunting for Bigfoot. But then I realized that they had done that.

42. Patrick
    November 22, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Look, I’m all for science and discovery. Growing up a child of the 70’s Leonard Nimoy’s In Search Of, was a highlight of my weekend. It made me more interested in science in general. While my personal beliefs differ from most on here, I find that the crumbling educational system, the cost of higher education, and the explosion of “Reality” tv, and tv’s constant coverage of “celebrity” and it’s lifestyle, really distressing. The fact that shows who continually cover celebrity’s every move, dissect, and add sensationalism to said “story” deeply disturbing. But they draw ratings….ratings that true documentaries don’t, so where do you think the money goes….
    We have become a society that no longer knows what reality really is. People think staged “reality” shows, that encourage conflict, and mostly ABSURD over the top reactions from it’s “Stars” is the norm and acceptable. I can go in any store and watch someone goe all “Diane” from real housewives, and berate a person like they are a “diva”. When did screaming and belittling people become the norm? And treating people kindly in general has gone the way of the Dodo. Just because someone is in a low paying job, and doesn’t seem to be able to help with a issue at hand, doesn’t mean it’s OK to act like a spoiled brat.

Anyway my point is reality is skewed, and it’s become acceptable for once reliable sources for science, discovery and history to become not really reliable on it’s content, and damage its well earned reputation. Remember Fox News tells the truth 17% of the time, and it is the most watched news network….Scary.

43. Robert Betz
    November 23, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Unfortunately, Science Channel has started down the same path. There are very few science shows on there anymore. The other day was a marathon of “How It’s Made”. Other shows are about the dark sides of science, with the mad steward of Gondor as host, and others about NASA secrets and the like. It hasn’t gone completely down the drain, but it is starting to swirl the bowl.

Where are the serious science shows?

44. Sean A. Elliott
    November 24, 2015 at 6:19 PM

No disrespect meant here, but Les Stroud is an entertainer. Interest in his “Bigfoot encounter” was high, and people were persistent in asking about it, making it a natural topic for his brand of entertainment. I don’t understand why he would be considered any more credible or earnest in his approach than any other investigator.

45. cam
    December 6, 2015 at 2:42 AM

The History Channel needs to come with disclaimers, saying things like it will change history does more harm then good and they shouldnt be able to use the name HISTORY channel, perhaps History Entertainment Channel might be better. They should be charged with Fraud. History you FN suck

46. December 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hahahah based on that photo it should have been “Krampus captured”. I gave up on television a long time ago other than for a good flick. I guess what bothers me the most about this kind of crap is that false information is promoted as scientific fact because people trust anything that even remotely seems like an authority on something. Like we don’t have enough dishonesty without it.

47. Marge James
    December 26, 2015 at 4:31 PM

This phony ridiculous program was laughable! This bigfoot resembles a replica of Satan not some mythical animal. Why don’t they just knock it off!!!

48. dane
    January 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Dropping the history channel today, not tomorrow.

49. Richard uk
    January 18, 2016 at 9:52 AM

The problem with Meldrum is that he got himself tied in with Melba and the ridiculous buffoon Josh Gates…enough said….the whole Ketchum thing has now gone sideways and Meldrum is trying to distance himself. He has spent many years fiddling about with his footprint casts all to no avail and yet he carries on regardless…at least with Finding Bigfoot you can have a laugh at their antics…dont you just love it when you get the obligatory sceptic,Ranae in this case,on the same payroll as the so called believers.

50. Raymond Elizondo
    February 5, 2016 at 2:08 AM

The whole story was pretty good. However, once bigfoot stood up in that cage it was all over. The bigfoot’s face looked like some bum that needed a shave. The acting was kind of bad. I give this a score of 5. It was still entertaining.