Family claims demon-incubus-poltergeist-ghost terrorizes them

Seems like they can’t decide which nasty entity to blame and they have made no good effort to find out! Instead, they pay a ridiculous paranormal investigator to slay demons and then call the tabloids. How are we supposed to not scoff at this story? It contains nothing reasonable; it’s just terrible.

Keiron and Tracey Fry say they are being attacked by an ‘incubus demon’

Source: ‘We are being attacked by demons!’ Terrified couple say they are being terrorised by poltergeist

Well, which is it? A demon or a poltergeist? Tracey says she does not feel anything at night but wakes up with bruises.

This story smacks of absurdity – just shoving in all paranormal-related keywords and details to get attention. The so-called details are a collection of paranormal tropes:

They say it resembles scenes from the movie “Paranormal Activity”. (Then why not get a camera and film what is supposedly going on at night?)

They summoned it with an ouija board. (Just silly, but people do believe that a board game using involuntary movements of the hands can open a portal to hell.)

Keiron called a paranormal expert after the phantom told his children: “I’m going to slit your parents’ throats.” The “expert” told them they have three demons – two helped the main demon pin Tracey down.

Ghostbuster Robert Amour, 43, arrived at the house with a bible and crucifix.

He banned the petrified family from going upstairs after he shouted to them that he could “feel the evilness in the room”.

After 20 minutes the psychic returned to the frightened family – claiming he had slain two small demons.

O….K…. then.

There is this “photo”:

photo_blueface

Yeah, that’s the ghost. Presumably the same one beating her up.

The man is unemployed but paid to have paranormal “experts” come in!

This story is incoherent. It sure does seem that this family is affected by something but it’s not paranormal! They appear to be fully invested in their belief and are making their situation into a colorful drama. What is a REAL shame is how their kids are dragged into this nonsense.

7 comments for “Family claims demon-incubus-poltergeist-ghost terrorizes them

1. Christine Rose
    July 3, 2015 at 11:50 AM

The doll was in the children’s bedroom, but the mother is the one who has bruises on her body. Also, note what a mess the children’s room is, and that this family of five lives in a two bedroom housing service flat. I wouldn’t scoff at this story, but I might call Child Services or ask them to talk to a social worker. What bothers me most is that at least four supposed adults (reporter, photographer, ghost buster, vicar) have looked at this and not tried to confront the obvious.

2. CLamb
    July 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Now I understand why my Mom was so adamant about me keeping my room tidy. Poltergeists spontaneously generate from messy piles of clothes!

3. busterggi (Bob Jase)
    July 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Nah, you’re thinking of mice.

4. July 3, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I guess I should have been more clear in saying that I scoff at this being any evidence of paranormal. From the article, it seems clearly NOT and why would the media outlets (Wales Online and then Daily Mail) print this stuff when it is clearly a horrible story.

5. July 4, 2015 at 9:46 AM

From Skeptophilia:

Again, I can’t prove their claim is a hoax, but even the fact that that they mentioned that their experiences were “reminiscent of supernatural thriller Paranormal Activity” — and the article ended with the movie trailer — makes my Suspicion Alarm start ringing. And if their claim does turn out to be cut from whole cloth, can you imagine what the repercussions will be? They’ve been in the newspapers and online, with photographs (including their children, for pete’s sake). They’d be laughingstocks.

If that were me, I’d want to crawl in a hole. Permanently.

6. Mauro Toffanin
    July 6, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Tracey says she does not feel anything at night but wakes up with bruises.

As clearly shown by the pics, those are not bruises, but (sort of reddish-purple) stretch marks positioned on Tracy’s lower back. Which begs the question: at what point, after the symptoms started (stretches and persisting back pains), did Tracy seek out medical help? I suspect she never did considering they are unemployed and thus presumably without Health Insurance coverage too.

It could be Cushing’s syndrome , or even a bad case of Bartonella disease. From what we see from the pics, the Ockham’s razor suggests early signs of a non diagnosed case of Cushing disease.

Even more plausible is Gordon Bonnet’s hypothesis: it’s a publicity stunt for Paranormal Activity show, in which all the Fry’s members posed as fake witnesses to insinuate some sort of plausible deniability effect.

7. July 6, 2015 at 8:52 AM

As I note, this family certainly has its problems. It’s a flaw in society that they would consider going to the media with this story and the media would exploit them in this manner. However, there seems to be no scruples when pushing a “paranormal” story.