Paranoia will destroy ya… A Disney tracking chip?

I thought only aliens and the government wanted to chip people. Boy was I wrong. Too bad there isn’t more detail on this story.

Woman says Disney implanted her with a chip | West Virginia Record.

Julie Lynne Hooker claims a chop made of rubber material has been implanted inside of her without her knowledge or consent, according to a complaint filed last month in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Hooker claims through intelligence that she has gathered from those who operate the “d-chip,” the main owner/sponsor of the chip is Walt Disney Corporation/Enterprise.

No evidence is provided. She is representing herself. I’ve not been able to find the complaint online. But I wonder if the idea is related to the use of Disney’s Magic Band, a radio frequency bracelet.

She wants help to get this thing out. Seems to me she should get it out FIRST before concluding what is is and its use.

The idea of alien implants first appeared in the 1950s. The idea that this was happening was propagated by the abductees crowd. The implants were inserted in various areas in order to “track” or “control” the person. Then it was the “government” who was microchipping us. I suppose this relates to the real microchips used in animals – a very useful device – but typically not used for people. Of course, you can willingly microchip yourself. The fact that people are not forcefully and unwillingly microchipped does not stop paranoid people from thinking they have been. Filing a lawsuit alleging an extraordinary idea does not make it true.

“Alien” implants, when removed are not found to be all that impressive to anyone but those bent on believing in them. It’s a nonsensical idea. The implants do not match each other and are typically just random bits of metal with no discernible special features or any technology. One man, Dr. Roger Leir, helped to propel the idea in the public. The conspiracy crackpots continue to say that mandatory microchipping is coming.

I really don’t think Ms. Hooker has a case here. Why would a theme park want to implant people? Your paranoia may vary.

16 comments for “Paranoia will destroy ya… A Disney tracking chip?

1. Bill T.
    April 16, 2015 at 1:14 PM

What is a “rubber chop (sic)”? I am not aware of any micro electronic device (“chip”) made of rubber.

2. Rich
    April 16, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Without consent I could understand, but how would you get anything implanted without your *knowledge*? That certainly suggests it’s a claim on the delusional end of the spectrum.

3. MisterNeutron
    April 16, 2015 at 2:03 PM

It vibrates when it’s your turn for Pirates of the Caribbean, so you don’t have to stand on line the whole time.

4. April 16, 2015 at 2:04 PM

My guess is this is indeed related to the Magic Bands. The bands are the next best thing to chipping a person. We have collected about a dozen of the things and they hold room key, credit card, and reservations on it. Every time you go you get a new one. Basically, one can’t do a damn thing in the resort without it. We’ve been greeted at restaurant entrances by name wondering into the bar area without prompting. It’s creepy cool tech. Crowds can be gauged in the parks via the bands too. Basically, secret guest chipping is almost being done just on your wrist,

Article on the Magic Band here: http://m.fastcompany.com/3044283/the-messy-business-of-reinventing-happiness#

5. Howard
    April 16, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Actually, it would be neat if it did that, but it just gives access to a fast pass line for certain windows of ride time to the wearer.

6. the14thListener
    April 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM

I write this as someone who has been creeped out by Disney whenever I visit their parks, but I don’t really see what Disney would get as a company from implanting unwilling people.

“Yes! We can track a random woman who makes $39k a year in West Virginia!”

Unless there’s a mind control element (must watch ABC, must buy Doc McStuffins) it would be a waste of effort in addition to illegal.

7. Tony
    April 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM

On the bright side, when she watches “Fantasia” she hears Stokowski’s original score in Fantasound(TM). We should all be so lucky.

8. Lee
    April 16, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Disney has perfected mind control techniques for decades. If they can make people believe it is the happiest place in the world, they can make an individual believe anything.

9. Adam
    April 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM

The news report (and probably the lawsuit) is so incoherent that it’s hard to make anything of it. It sounds like a typical paranoid schizophrenic fantasy that someone thinks they’re being tracked by unseen forces.

Disney does of course use RFID chips but not in this way. I can see the attraction of using RFID in the parks – I was there about 4 years ago and having to whip out tickets all the time for fast pass was a pain. A band would be handier although I’d be creeped out if they used it in any overt way. And as a general principle I believe there should be strict data protection laws on RFID and tracking.

10. Adam
    April 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM

I have to say I liked it. I thought the fast pass system was MUCH fairer than Universal’s (pay $$$) and the parks were spotless. They cost a fortune to visit but you can see what the money is spent on.

11. Tony
    April 17, 2015 at 9:59 AM

At least she didn’t go to Universal Orlando’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, where they implant Flobberworms and Blibbering Humdingers.

12. Blargh
    April 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Silicon/silicone confusion perhaps?

13. April 17, 2015 at 9:44 PM

This particular claim looks crazy, but I can imagine a case where someone knowingly gets an RFID implant like this:
    and then later in life (and of course unrelated to having had the implant) they go crazy.

Also, there’s no doubt that large corporations can do crazily invasive things (they have no conscience, and everyone is just “doing their job”) so they can more easily track what people do. If you’ve ever loaded a music CD into a computer CD drive to listen to the music, it could have made your computer MUCH more vulnerable all kinds of viruses, as well as giving the CD maker a back door into your computer. Look up Sony rootkit.

14. busterggi (Bob Jase)
    April 18, 2015 at 2:11 PM

It’s the Mark of the Mouse!

15. WMcCreery
    April 19, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Maybe it’s one of those rubber pork chop dog chew toys!!

16. ApexDisorder
    April 19, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Who needs rubber bands, we all got cell phones.
    I got my position triangulated
    By the cops last time I got took in.