Astrology is like astronomy, claimed a BJP member in the Lok Sabha, drawing protests from some opposition members.
While making references to traditional practices such as astrology and ayurveda, Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank said that among others, concept of atom, was known centuries ago in India.
He said there should be no mocking of astrology as ayurveda was also treated like that earlier but now it is recognised worldwide.
Yes. Astrology is pre-scientific. When we discovered the process of science, we ditched it and moved to ACTUAL study of ACTUAL bodies and forces in the universe.
Astrology is more like a religion.
This story is a good example of cognitive dissonance and proof that no matter how many times you say something with authority, it still doesn’t make it true.
- Astrology: Why Your Zodiac Sign and Horoscope Are Wrong.
- NTS Fact Sheet – Astrology.
- astrology – The Skeptic’s Dictionary – Skepdic.com.
- Astrology: FACT or FICTION?.
- Astrology: What’s the Harm? | Exposing PseudoAstronomy.