Professor claims he’s victim of phantom “air pressure magneto sex therapy”

I knew that would get you to click the link. Just what the heck is that?

Honestly, it sounds suspiciously like sleep paralysis.

Spooked professor cries attack from blood-sucker spirit.

X-files of Madhya Pradesh [India] police are replete with complaints of blood-curdling spirits on prowl, forcing police on a blind chase of the supernatural. And the latest complaint has intrigued the force after a spooked retired professor alleged attack from “blood and semen sucking spirits”. On Saturday, state cyber cell headquarters initiated a probe into the complaint of ‘paranormal activity’ after repeated pleas from the terror-struck professor. Assistant inspector-general, cyber cell, N K Jhariya, confirmed launch of the probe.

Prof Chandra Prakash Trivedi, 66, a resident of Indore, is an author of 10 books on Vedic science. “That woman is using air pressure magneto therapy to have sex with me. In the dead of night, I feel a ‘presence’ that nobody will believe. I have often run out of my house in the midnight,” Trivedi told TOI on phone. “I am a scientist, people may think, I am mentally disturbed, but I am not,” he said.

Officers wonder whether there are other issues behind the bizarre complaint. “It could be anything from an overactive imagination to narcotics driving hallucinations or indeed, a legitimate complaint. Whatever it is, we entertain all complaints be it against zombies or werewolves,” said another police officer. Trivedi also submitted copies of emails sent by the ‘suspect woman’ who he claims, unleashed evil spirits on him.

There has been several paranormal complaint lodged in the area over the years, in 2005, 2007 and 2011. Alleged ghost attacks seem to be nothing new to police here. The obvious question would be, “What could the police do about the sex-crazed spirit?” The professor blames it on witchcraft. What of the accused? I can’t imagine what the evidence would be other than just subjective accusations.

There are no details about the Professor’s situation but on the face of it, it sounds like the Old Hag syndrome, a terrifying, realistic, paralyzing sensation whereby it feels as if a hideous woman is on top, crushing you. It’s common. See: Taking on the old hag

A clue to the professor’s colorful interpretation of his sleep disturbance is that he studied “Vedic science” (science is used here VERY loosely). Black magic is an accepted belief. One symptom of black magic is disturbed sleep. So, his perceptions are enhanced by his belief in such evil forces. If he has a sleep disorder as well, he could easily be prone to interpret it in this context.

Get this poor man some medical attention to see if he has a sleep disorder before concluding (and publishing in the media) that there are evil spirits assaulting people.

11 comments for “Professor claims he’s victim of phantom “air pressure magneto sex therapy”

1. Bob
    July 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I clicked on the link because I thought you had been reading my diary.

• Bill D'Arcy
      July 29, 2014 at 3:59 AM

And I clicked because I ALWAYS look at Doubtful News.

2. spookyparadigm
    July 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Get this guy together with Jacobs, stat!

3. Lee
    July 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I love the “Officers wonder whether there are other issues behind the bizarre complaint.” I LOVE this story. At first I was speechless pertaining to the title. Then I laughed uproariously for a minute. It was at the moment I started to weep because my father’s cousin’s wife’s brother suffered from the same awful predicament except his included a small lemming.

4. Angela
    July 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM

We’ve been having a discussion on sleep paralysis and other sleep disorders that seem to have a paranormal theme to them on a forum I moderate. Those who wish to believe it was paranormal do not take the information that shows the research on sleep disorders very easily. I agree, medical attention should be sought. Then again, that doesn’t make for a good story, so it isn’t a suggestion that is popular.

Total click-bait, Sharon. :P (teasing..this was interesting).

5. eddi
    July 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Sounds a little like the old Air Loom Gang is working in India these days. “Air Loom: The Curious Case of James Tilly Matthews” http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread940867/pg1

• July 29, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Thank you for the link to the Air Loom story eddi, that’s fascinating. Now we live in the scientific age, a simple (but serious) cure to these sort of problems could be found by reading Dick Swaab’s book “ WE ARE OUR BRAINS”.

6. Anthony
    July 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I have had sleep paralysis once. It was quite unnerving even though i was aware of what it was. I did not see any figure or sence a presence though.

• eddi
      July 30, 2014 at 5:23 AM

I’ve had one instance of sleep paralysis and a string of panic attacks. There are considerable similarities, the big exception being no sense of hostile presences in a panic attack.

7. busterggi
    July 29, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Sleep paralysis gave me one of my oldest & dearest friends – when a night hag is your friend you don’t need many others. It made me pretty sad to find out decades later that she was imaginary.

8. Bill T.
    July 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I believe that “Professor of Vedi Science” speaks volumes, and not in a way that would encourage me to expect him to be an objective observer.