The Strange remains the same for 12 June 2014

Not much to the leftovers today. It was a slow news day. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th and there is a full moon. Just note that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Cabecao The Psychic Turtle Predicts World Cup Win For Brazil.

BBC News – Malaysia swarmed by giant moths.

BBC News – The lasting allure of the flying saucer.

Antievolution proposal rejected in South Carolina | NCSE.

Al’s sister Donna Llama is visiting distant relatives in South America. She sent a selfie.

llama selfie

Comments are moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.
Only thoughtful additions and pertinent opinions will be approved.

idoubtit

Editor and owner of Doubtful News. Writer, specializing in science and society, science policy and education.

8 comments for “The Strange remains the same for 12 June 2014

1. John
    June 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Do not fret about tomorrow being Friday 13th.

It’s Friday 13th in Australia right now! And all is going quite smooth. Nothing to report. I will keep you all posted if anything spooky happens so you can be prepared.

2. Indrid Cole
    June 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Something bad’s about to happen, I just know it.

3. Chris Howard
    June 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I’ve heard that Friday The 13th has something to do with The Last Supper.

Is that true?

4. chemical
    June 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I always thought that Friday the 13th was considered unlucky due to an execution order on the Knights Templar either being signed or carried out on a Friday the 13th in medieval times. Or so the story goes. I can’t remember the exact details of the story, and I don’t just want to google the answer because it isn’t exactly the bastion of accurate information.

5. Angela
    June 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I’ve heard several thoughts on where it came from. I have also heard that in some countries, it is Tuesday the 13th and I think it is in Italy where Friday the 17th is considered unlucky. (for me, it’s whatever day my bills are due).

6. eddi
    June 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Good ol’ Snopes comes through again. Their usual Friday the 13th article is up. http://www.snopes.com/luck/friday13.asp

• Chris Howard
      June 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Wow! That was an awesome read. Thanks for the link.

• eddi
        June 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Snopes is one of my main go-to sites. Not just for facts but well-researched and entertainingly written facts. The two are not exclusive. And idoubtit (Ms. Hill) is another person with that skill.