Caputo accused of fraud. Big deal?

Hmm. This is very forward of this person and of RadarOnline to post this story accusing Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo of fraud. Not that I will defend her because I dislike the idea of all mediums especially ones that sell tickets to shows for ridiculous prices, but he had better have some ducks in line instead of just opinion.

Long Island Medium Subject Of Fraud Investigation | Radar Online.

RadarOnline.com can exclusively report that many viewers, audience members and even a private investigator believe Caputo’s “gift” is a total hoax.

“Theresa is like a vulture preying on the most vulnerable,” investigator Ron Tebo, the creator of fraud whistleblower website SciFake.com, tells Radar. “I think it’s despicable.”

Tebo, who says he has been privately speaking with Caputo’s clients and associates for more than a year, claims the reality star employs old-school psychic techniques such as cold reading— or analyzing someone’s body language, clothes, speech and other initial impressions to make a high-probability guess about a subject— and shotgunning —or asking a large audience a vague question for a greater chance of a positive response.

“She schmoozes with the audience, and wins them over with her big hair, designer shoes and comedy. When they trust her, she goes in for the kill,” Tebo explains. “She’ll ask the group a question like, ‘Who lost an older male relative to heart problems?’ It’s the oldest trick in the medium’s book.”

None of this is anything new to long-time psychic watchers who are WELL AWARE of every trick in the book. But the audience is not. The article goes on to note some witnesses who said they wanted to beleive but were disappointed when reading were not as they hoped. Caputo could always say she was having an off night or that her powers aren’t always available on demand. So, I’m not clear where this will go. Yeah, people who bought tickets may not be happy, Tebo may be disgusted, we ALL are sickened by psychics who take advantage of grieving people to put on a show. Is he going to file a lawsuit? Or is this just a publicity stunt? He may be looking at a suit of his own for slander. Psychics have money and lawyers, you know.

The last time someone accused a stage psychic of fraud, it didn’t work out so well.

JREF calls out Priceline to push new psychic spokesperson to take the Million Dollar Challenge | Doubtful News.

Long Island Medium renewed again: When will psychics share their gift with science instead? | Doubtful News.

Long Island Medium execs focused on personality for the show | Doubtful News.

caputo psychic

9 comments for “Caputo accused of fraud. Big deal?

1. Lee
    June 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM

She really should use her inconceivably potent psychic abilities and locate a hair salon that can give her a decent do! Is that a wig? I think I saw it move… It is HIDEOUS!

2. Angela
    June 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM

“Private investigator”..does he have a license that verifies that? Because last I knew of this guy, he was a blogger. I will not defend Caputo for any reasons, but as far as I’m concerned , she is just another psychic making ridiculous money from even more ridiculous claims. I can’t stand that she can do that, but it shouldn’t be used as an attempt for someone to give themselves credibility and attention by making it ‘news’.

3. Susan
    June 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I watch her show on a regular basis and find it interesting and entertaining. Just once, I would like her to come up with something that the person being “read” does NOT know and have it verified later. Then I would fully believe that she had the “power.” It seems that she does do great cold readings. Her waiting list is now over 3 years I am told. Boy what a racket.

4. Bill T.
    June 5, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I find this woman disgusting.

It worries me that her fans don’t seem to understand that her show is carefully edited to display her “hits” it the best light possible.

When I pointed out to my wife that they do not air any of her misses, to give a distorted impression of her accuracy, a light turned on for her.

5. Lee
    June 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM

But Bill, television is REAL! It is amazing how many seem to overlook that most important facet which is editing to create a reality that the viewer is exposed to and will believe it without question.

You are absolutely correct sir, I would love to see the entire shows material the edited version comes from and the end result comparison. I am sure people would be amazed.

This is the same crap that John Edwards was able to get piped into homes. Gentlemen from CSI that attended his show after signing a NDA to not speak of what they witnessed said the show was 3 1/2 or more hours to film and edited down to 40-44 minutes. Needless to say in person he was even more unimpressive.

6. One Eyed Jack
    June 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM

So, you’re waiting for someone to demonstrate verifiable psychic abilities?

Don’t hold your breath.

7. Headless Unicorn Guy
    June 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Still not as extreme as Janet Crouch’s hair on TBN.

8. Bill T.
    June 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM

“… television is REAL (crap?)?” He he, Lee, thanks for kind comment.

“Gentlemen from CSI … (signed) a NDA to not speak of what they witnessed …” Apparently those charlatans are forthright enough to admit that they have to gag witnesses lest they reveal their secrets. (that they are withholding significant info).

9. padego
    June 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Whats with psychic women and abnormally long fingernails, is this some sort of prerequisite?