Truthers deceive with their warped version of reality at 9/11 memorial

9/11 truthers are scheming to distribute their brochures and push their warped version of “reality”.

Truthers Plan to Hand out Fake Brochures for 9/11 Museum On Opening Day

The museum will open to the public on Wednesday, May 21, and the 9/11 truth squad is, predictably, planning a visit of their own.

The Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth have been very dedicated for a very long time to promulgating the theory that September 11 was an inside job, and that the Twin Towers were felled by a controlled demolition. Their latest effort in New York was a billboard in Times Square. But for the opening day of the 9/11 Museum, they’ve got something else planned: fake museum brochures, designed to look exactly like the real ones.

“By printing thousands of educational flyers and distributing them via teams of AE911Truth volunteers at the memorial grounds entry,” they write, “we can inform the public as to why the 9/11 Memorial Museum is largely a fraud.”

Photo from 9/11 Working Group

The real museum brochure cover on the left, the fake one from the 9/11 truthers on the right. Photo from 9/11 Working Group

The case this group is making is baseless and has been debunked SOUNDLY many times over. Their continued efforts to promote their agenda is disrespectful to the people who died.

9/11 Conspiracy Theories – Debunking the Myths – World Trade Center – Pentagon – Flight 93 – Popular Mechanics.

Debunking 911 Conspiracy Theories and Controlled Demolition Homepage.

I suppose posting negatively on truthers will get me additional vulgar comments from people who rant and rave and point to YouTube videos as evidence. Your comments will not be posted. You have done enough damage.

Tip: Thomas Proffit

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

24 comments for “Truthers deceive with their warped version of reality at 9/11 memorial

1. May 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Tell Richard Gage and his Truther gang that it is time to shut up and apologize to America.

Sign our petition to tell him that is evidence is flawed.

Popular Mechanics nailed the story. Who needs Richard Gage’s architects and engineers.

• Headless Unicorn Guy
      May 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM

But that just PROVES Popular Mechanics is part of The Conspiracy.
      The Dwarfs are for The Dwarfs, and won’t be taken in.

I’m surprised to hear that 9/11 Truthers were still around; I thought they’d been completely replaced overnight by Birthers after Election Day on November 2008. Like their Disinformation was no longer required against Dubya.

That said, designing their brochure as a direct knockoff of the official guides is both very clever and very sicko. I can easily see them Striking a Blow for TRUTH by swapping their brochures for the actual guides in the museum racks themselves. Like sneaking Jack Chick tracts into office/hotel bathrooms.

2. ApexDisorder
    May 20, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I wouldn’t call the truhers brochure “fake”, I would use the term “mock”, or “knock off”. They are similar but not the same.
    I am not a truther.
    I do believe in freedom of speach, and to voice ones opinion.
    As long as they are not inciting violence let them have their say.

• L.Barth
      May 20, 2014 at 4:11 AM

No, just No.

• Sindigo
      May 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I have to agree. The truthers’ claims are ridiculous but they have a right to say what they like as long as they’re not breaking any other laws.

Let them publish their silly pamphlet and they will expose themselves for what they are. Wrong. Use the opportunity to point out the faults in their reasoning in order to educate yourself and others of the dangers of conspiratorial thinking.

Also, if you truly believe that there is some grand conspiracy behind what transpired on 9/11 (to be clear, there isn’t) to keep your mouth shut would be more disrespectful to the memories of the dead.

• May 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I agree and they have had PLENTY of freedom of speech. They have had their case scrutinized and it has FAILED. Talk about beating a dead horse. How do they expect to make progress this way when they have no decent foundation for their claims? At this point, it’s outrage theatre and they look ridiculous.

• Gary
      May 20, 2014 at 12:43 PM

They ARE inciting violence. And litter.

3. justin
    May 20, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Freedom of speech is very important, but these types of people seem to be contraries just for the sake of having some “inside” scoop that the powers that be are trying to keep from the majority. Why debase these people’s deaths on non proven non factual ideas. What happened happened. It was horrible. But do these people work for the real perpetrators? Then how could they possibly know exactly what happened? And are any if them experts in any field at all related to the events? I think not. So why? Pridefull ignorance and nothing more. Its plague upon humanity that takes many forms. The “paranormal”, “extraterrestrials” visiting earth and abducting people and cows, the vast multitude of “conspiracy” theorists, and historically the worst most damaging of all the “religious”. Their nonsense and ideals spread like a virus and detract from fact and reason, and overall slow down the progress of our species. There are many times in my life I feel almost ashamed of being human. These people and people like them are the reason.

• Headless Unicorn Guy
      May 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Ever heard of The Gnostics, back when years AD were in the low three digits?

“Gnostic” is Greek for “He Who KNOWS Things”; Gnosticism was a catchall term for fringe cults of the time who claimed Speshul Sekrit Knowledge from or about God and/or Christ, Speshul Sekrit Knowledge understood only by a Speshul Chosen Few (guess who)? The appeal was the Lure of the Inner Ring, belonging to the Chosen Illuminated Few who “KNOW what’s REALLY Going On”.

And there’s another word involved other than “Gnosis” (Knowledge).
      “Occult” (Secret or Hidden).
      Conspiracy types — Truthers, Birthers, whatever — claim Occult Gnosis, Hidden Knowledge of what’s REALLY Going On. They are new Gnostics, only secular and/or political instead of religious and/or magickal.

• May 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM

As it happens, I’ve been developing a theory on the relationship between Gnosticism and modern Denialism and Conspiracy-mindedness.

Of course Gnosticism is not a unitary belief system (as Bart Erhman notably points out in The Gospel of Judas) so it’s mostly a question of sort of throwing a dart in the middle and hoping there are enough commonalities of belief to hit something useful.

I’m not sure the correlation really works but it’s intriguing how many points of congruence there are between the general Gnostic belief system evinced in various writings and the inscrutability of Denialists and Conspiracists.

4. justin
    May 20, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I sometimes feel almost ashamed to be human

5. John
    May 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Not the 1st time something has been printed yet proven absolute bunk. Feeding false hopes, lies and irrational fear.
    In fact I believe, one piece of bunkum is the most sold and printed book in the world.

The Bible.

6. Peter Robinson
    May 20, 2014 at 1:57 AM

It would be interesting to know what level of support there is for the ‘truthers’ claims amongst the general population, and how this compares with past surveys of same. One hopes they are an ever dwindling band of the less sane.

While they should be allowed to waste their time and money printing their nonsense and distributing it, is there no law in the U.S. that would allow an action for passing off?

It might be a good idea to counteract this with a statement from victims families that rubbishes their conclusions. Hopefully they will be given short shrift by the vast majority of visitors to the memorial!

7. May 20, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What makes this truly horrible, is the Truth Movement’s own given reason for doing this: Out of respect for the victims and their families.

Apex,

Some Truthers are inciting violence: Their goal is not merely a “new independent investigation” of 9/11, but a total toppling of the existing system. They talk openly about the coming revolution, they hoard guns, ammo, survival kits and discuss where the best places in the wilderness are, when NWO is coming for their guns and freedoms.

All Truthers dream of a day of reckoning. While most have some kind of hazy solution in mind, the hardcore Truthers mean business.

• MrClean417
      May 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM

That’s not a Truther though a truther may immitate a Survivalist. Mormons, I believe (or at least there are plenty of examples of such on the internet and I think Glenn Beck spoke of it) are supposed to have 6 months of food built up. A food/water bank is not a bad idea if you have the storage location and ability. We do lose power/ services from time to time. Live out in the country like many of us here in the center of the country do and you’ll realize that YOU are the first line of the police force. So guns and ammo are not a bad idea as well.
      Now the all out Survivalist, burying stashes and constructing Kennedy era bomb shelters? Whose to say who is nuts or who is just living out on the verge.
      But Truthers who will go any length to blame 911 on the government instead of what it clearly was, they are a special kind of whacko.
      Almost as bad as those folks that pray to their imaginary friend in the sky.

• ApexDisorder
      May 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Would you please provide references, acounts, facts, statistics.??
      Some is not a number.
      Isolated accounts don’t carry weight for my rationale. Please provide more info.

8. Indrid Cole
    May 20, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Tell me about it, those architects and engineers should stop embarrassing themselves and stick to something they know more about. Leave the technical details to the experts at Popular Mechanics,….when they’re not busy telling me which drill to buy.

9. spookyparadigm
    May 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I do not wish for someone to threaten or beat the hell out of these people at the site. But that is the likely outcome given the emotionally charged environment.

10. Bill T.
    May 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hm, apparently we’ll be able to select the brochure “for adults” or the one for “truthers”. Oh, dilemma, which one to select?

11. May 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM

For some time I regarded Truthers simply as misguided souls. So what if a bunch of conspiracy-minded folks want to get together and show videos to each other and cook up ever more elaborate theories? I sometimes asked myself why I bother to care.

Then I attended a student-sponsored Truther lecture at Arizona State University.

I was appalled to see a room packed with believers. I was totally disconcerted to see the depths to which they believe their government has betrayed them.

But can allegations of horrendous crimes by a government at the highest levels, on a par with the Holocaust or even the Inquisition, smolder in a community’s minds, even if the communities are small, without them eventually needing to take action? How can a not-unsizeable group hold such beliefs and not want to take action against their supposed oppressors? How can they suffer these atrocities pacifically, placidly, knowing that the government can not only destroy massive buildings and take thousands of innocent lives at will but also corrupt all the major news media, our nation’s top engineers, the airlines and the world’s leading scientists assigned to find the truth?

I am coming to wonder whether Truthing is not just a hobbyhorse but a Trojan horse waiting to enter the gates.

12. Adam
    May 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM

The typical truther tactic is to deny the evidence for the commonly accepted view, advance an alternative explanation with no evidence of its own and expect in the confusion that their explanation wins. If pressed for evidence they’ll spew out pseudoscience, quote mining, cherry picking. hearsay, similes and other non-evidence.

These people are unreachable and I think it’s fair game to mock them openly. Particularly when they crash events or monuments held in honour of those who died.

• L.Barth
      May 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Yes, and whatever adjective is used to describe the brochures, fake, mock-up, knock off, they are a deliberate attempt at deception, otherwise why make them so similar? It may not be a violent act, but is insidious just the same.

13. May 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM

As expected, they have deluged the comments.

Look, I’m not going to print your comments. There are plenty of other places online where people can freely speak their mind but this is a rational site. I understand that you are educated people, are motivated by very noble intentions for the truth and feel that an injustice has been done. But, not all of us agree. Just as I won’t try to convince you that you are wrong, your current tactics will not work to convince me I am wrong (and stupid as you say). I would suggest you try another tactic other than hitting me with such comments that just bounce off. Do something more constructive. If you have your evidence, find a more reasonable, sane way of presenting it. This method isn’t working and no one will listen to what appears to be just crazy rants. Hence, the reaction you see from me is defensive.

14. BobM
    May 23, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I don’t know if I’ve posted this before, but you can change their minds :-).