Just another ghost hunter *facepalm*. This one showed up in USA Today! I guess that’s accurate – this IS the silliness that goes on in the US today and every other day.
Someone, or some thing, is tickling people, rearranging shoes and otherwise wreaking havoc at the historic Hotel Somerset, a Main Street boarding house and home of the popular McCormick’s Pub.
Operator Tom McCormick called East Brunswick-based Paranormal Diagnostics Group to investigate.
McCormick said he called Paranormal Diagnostics Group because they have a medical background and use scientific equipment and evidence to confirm and more often debunk ghostly activity.
Respiratory therapists in a Somerset County sleep center by day, ghost hunters Robert McCaffrey, 48, of East Brunswick, and Dave Orloff, 42, of Howell, have investigated Hotel Somerset three times in as many weeks. They said they have collected more evidence of paranormal activity than typically presented in one episode of “Ghost Hunters,” the Syfy Channel cable show that inspired their growing hobby.
“We have several sound recordings and video of flashes and shadows,” McCaffrey said. “We’re going to continue to investigate.”
Let’s take this apart bit by bit:
- A medical background does not qualify you to find ghosts.
- No one has ever found evidence of a ghost – the “evidence” is only potentially unexplained which is not the same as unexplainable. Instead, everything they can’t immediately explain is called “paranormal”. How did they manage to discount all the normal?
- Orbs, flashes or shadows have plenty of other explanations before we have to resort to spirits of the dead.
- Equipment does not equal science.
- There are only about a handful of actual investigators that use a genuine scientific approach. These guys are NOT it.
- They go in with a default belief in ghosts which appears to ruin any credibility right from the start.
- They are following advice from a hoaky TV show that has little basis in reality.
I’m angry more of this same old nonsense is put up on major news outlets every single day. People believe this paranormal investigators find good evidence of ghosts. That is NOT TRUE. We have been looking for ghosts for centuries. No “new” equipment is going to find them. True investigation starts with your BRAIN not your belief.
Paranormal investigators, Contact me. Oh wait… you don’t care for that reason and history stuff and for people to point out that you are really off track. Sorry, carry on with your pretending to be scientists. Maybe read this article about real people who saw the light.