I’d call this blind faith because there ain’t a thing to see here

People claim to see Jesus in a tree stump. This is SO OBVIOUSLY wishful thinking.

‘Treesus’ shows his face days before Easter in Orlando – Orlando Sentinel.

Jesus Christ is everywhere during Holy Week, but one Orlando woman thought she was going crazy when she saw his image in the bark of a dead tree in her front yard.

“It’s Treesus,” the homeowner, Kim, said on the eve of Resurrection Sunday. “I find it very odd. For me, it’s unmistakable, and I’m not particularly religious. So I don’t know what it means.”

The Orlando Sentinel agreed to withhold her full name and address because she fears her home would turn into a mecca of pilgrims wanting to see the image.

Actually, that may very well happen because there are many who just want to beleive in anything, anything that provides a ray of hope, even if it’s so patently silly as a tree stump that somewhat resembles a face.

Jesus, can’t you do better than this?!

Treesus

Treesus

22 comments for “I’d call this blind faith because there ain’t a thing to see here

1. Perry Bulwer
    April 20, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I’m usually good at spotting these kinds of things, but I can’t see Jesus on that stump. I do see on the lower right edge what looks to me like the head of a white-haired elderly man with dark eyes and pointy nose. But I don’t see Jesus.

But this dogs butt, which I think you might have featured here before, is a more convincing image than the shroud of Turin.

2. Perry Bulwer
    April 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I just typed in the search terms “jesus in dog’s butt” in your search field and I got this message:

WHAT THE HECK? OUR SECURITY DROID HAS FLAGGED THIS REQUEST.

We proactively scan all network traffic for malice and discontent. Something in this action caught our attention. If you are up to no good, stop it before we call your mom. Likely though our security team is being over-zealous and would like to inspect this further. …

It went on to ask me to email some info somewhere, but not I’m not going to do that. Just wanted to let you know this happened.

• April 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I get the friggin’ security droid ALL THE TIME while posting. Don’t feel bad.

• Perry Bulwer
        April 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

sorry, I refreshed the page and didn’t see you had fixed the problem before I submitted my test comment below. Maybe it was the link I included. That was the first time I got that message, so wasn’t sure what was going on.

3. BobM
    April 20, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Jesus, Billy Connolly – who can tell :-).

4. Gary
    April 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Treebeard, an Ent.

5. Kevin
    April 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume this woman was barking up the wrong tree before she got stumped. She should branch out into other endeavors that will more firmly take root. I’m going to guess she’s the sap in her family tree.

6. Phil
    April 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I see the Easter bunny in the lower left right at ground level

7. Perry Bulwer
    April 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

test test, two comments I submitted were rejected for some reason.

8. April 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I can just about see the face, but from any other angle at all it wouldn’t resemble a face.

9. terrence
    April 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Kevin – I could not see the tree for the forest until you cleared the beam from my eye. I wood thank you if I knew how to; but, thank you anyway.

10. Mark Heil
    April 20, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Ok, I see wha could be a man’s face on the right side, but on the lower left side of the stump I see Caesar the Chimp from the old Planet of the Apes movies.

11. RandyRandy
    April 21, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Sheesh.
    What’s that thing called where people see things in things?

• Peta
      April 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Pareidolia?

12. Brian
    April 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Ironically, this item was next to the piece on Florida’s mental health issues…

13. John Nowak
    April 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Not I think there’s any meaning to it, but I saw Jesus too. It’s a pretty good one as these things go.

14. CLamb
    April 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Only the face is visible. Better dig out the soil around the roots of the tree to see if the rest of the figure is there.

15. Chris Howard
    April 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Nailed to a tree!

There. I said it.

I have got to work on my impulse control.

16. RDW
    April 21, 2014 at 4:41 PM

looks more like frank zappa to me. of course, i’m a bit googly eyed.

17. Todd
    April 21, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I see an Ent.

18. April 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM

When people claim they see Jesus, I usually tell them it looks more like Marco Antonio Solis.

19. April 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM

What makes me especially annoyed by these sorts of “Jesus sightings” is… it doesn’t even look like him: http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186