‘Faceless monk’? More like worthless bunk

Once again, ghost evidence fails. Seriously, this is evidence? And it’s in the news?

‘Faceless monk’ spotted in window of St Peter and St Paul Church in Borden by Sittingbourne photographer Laura Dickson.

Laura Dickson, from Sittingbourne, has taken several photographs in which ghostly figures mysteriously appear.

The latest incident took place during an afternoon shoot at St Peter and St Paul Church in Borden on Wednesday.

It is the fourth time she claims an apparition has inexplicably turned up in a photograph she has taken.

Father John Lewis, vicar at the church for nine years, remained sceptical of Laura’s claim to have inadvertently photographed a random wraith.

She said she has since returned to the site, but the window was empty both of human and spectral beings.

Photo credit: Laura Dickinson

Photo credit: Laura Dickson

I don’t see anything that even looks vaguely human there. This is IN NO WAY evidence for the paranormal. That she finds this kind of “evidence” so often is highly suspicious as well. Anomaly hunting is not something to brag about.

Move along, nothing to see here.

7 comments for “‘Faceless monk’? More like worthless bunk

1. Angela
    March 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Windows are pareidolia pots–I can’t count the number of ‘awesome catches’ on the paranormal scene that are nothing more than pareidolia. And thanks to Ghost Hunters, they call it matrixing…which makes it even WORSE when trying to explain to someone what happened in their picture.

Of course..no one ever wants the real explanation. They want a ‘haint.

2. Altus
    March 2, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I thought she might be a Doctor Who fan, until I looked at the other pictures in the article. Self-promoter whose silly pictures the paper ran on a slow news day.

3. March 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I honestly can’t tell where (or what) it’s meant to be. Is it that white thing on the left?

4. Rich Johnson
    March 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM

A) She went back and the window was empty? Respectfully, so what? The faceless monk wasn’t there so it proves it was there the first time or it proves that even faceless monks have other things to be doing sometimes? That seems such an irritatingly redundant statement.

B) This is such a bugbear of mine, but, from the kentonline site: ‘Laura Dickson in a photo that she later spotted contained “light orbs.” ‘ ORBS. If there’s one thing that makes me lose my zen-like patience it’s orbs. DUST. RAIN. DUST. FLASH. DUST. How many times does it need to be said?

(muttering) Bloody ‘orbs.’

5. H.K. Fauskanger
    March 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Seriously?! If I had taken this picture, it would never even occur to me to call it a “ghost photo”, or to suspect anything supernatural whatsoever.

A shapeless whitish reflection (or whatever) in a window pane. Yeah, that just HAS to be a “faceless monk”! Of course! Silly me!

Sure enough, the face isn’t there!

6. Eve
    March 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I can clearly see a monkless monk: a monk with no face, no body, no definable limbs, no habit, no monk. Spooky.

7. Mike
    March 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Obviously this is one of the headless monks from Dr. Who.