Cray cray of the day: Jurassic age pyramids at the heart of Ukraine dispute

Wow, a fake story about a probably fake story. Can’t beat that!

I noticed many hits today on this older story:

Oldest pyramid found in Crimea: Hard to pick out what ISN’T wrong with this story | Doubtful News.

So, I googled in order to find that the hits are a result of radical sites (like Alex Jones, Before It’s News, etc.) running a story that this mysterious pyramid (fake?) is related to the current conflict in the Ukraine. What?

Indeed.

I won’t link to misinformation sites but here is what they are saying:

THIS IS JUST MIND BLOWING! VERY LITTLE INFO OUT THERE ON THESE PYRAMIDS! BUT WE KNOW 2 THINGS FOR SURE.
1, THEY ARE BEING CALLED THE OLDEST,
2, THEY ARE THERE!! and so are Russian Troops!

-From Disclose.tv

Now THIS is more like the REAL—or at least one of the BIGGEST—reasons for the action in the Ukraine. It’s probably also about other things, but the New World Order has systematically seized areas before that we later learned gave them access to advanced ancient technologies which they guard ferociously.

-From 2012TheBigPicture

BeforeItsNews posted the stuff on the “oldest pyramids” which are described to be Jurassic in age (over 145 million years ago which is RIDICULOUS) with a quote from a popular video describing them thusly:

Pyramids were once power stations that feed near by citys. Not all of them but most were. The Moon and mars and many of the planets have Pyramids that once feed power to citys and complexs. We can only just now study them for as how they had worked but they were much like our power stations of today. The pyrimids were just a way of life for millions of thriving citys. Dinosurs were just part of the enviroment and have also left there mark through out the planets due to mans expansion beyond earth.

What garbage.

Supposedly 37 pyramids exist on the Crimean peninsula with 7 hidden underground pyramids found near Sebastopol by Ukrainian researcher Vitaly Gokh using his special patented device. Gokh has been making this claim for 15 years.

What should you think of that? Be VERY DOUBTFUL. In fact, go about business as usual because there is no evidence for these pyramids.

Contacting my inside source on “spooky paradigms” I was pointed to this >> Iraq StarGate Key to 911 and Bush – CNN iReport.

Back in the 1920s the Iraq StarGate was uncovered in Baghdad. This StarGate was surrounded by the “Green Zone” during the Iraqi War and was the whole purpose for the war. Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD’s) were an excuse. Having control of the StarGate was the goal of the Bush Administration as well as Nazi Germany. This was a repeat of when Hitler and Nazi Germany went to Iraq to fight against the British as both wanted control of the Iraq StarGate.

HOLY CRAP! It’s true! Everything on fringe sites are just vague associations! Every military action is connected to pseudo-archaeology and the New World Order!

Apparently I fail epically at thinking conspiratorially – that everything is connected to ancient aliens and End Times. Silly me.

But let’s be clear: there have been no confirmation that there are any pyramids on the Crimean peninsula and it’s utterly baseless to connect this idea to the current instability in the Ukraine. To suggest so is to be publicly, abhorrently ignorant about current events and totally out of touch with reality. When the RevelationNow site tells you to GET REAL and use common sense, then you KNOW you are bottom of the barrel.

crimea pyramid

HOT TOPIC

Company says their sciencey handwaving may have found MH370.

11 comments for “Cray cray of the day: Jurassic age pyramids at the heart of Ukraine dispute

1. WMcCreery
    March 5, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Cray cray of the day would make a great name for a regular feature!!

2. Erik
    March 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Sharon did not use the term “Cray Cray.” did she? Downhill from here. :)

3. Nando
    March 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I wont say they are the best sources, but while looking this up earlier I actually found 2 decent sites with articles on this in 2006. Whether or not its related to the current situation is up for debate lol but here are the sites…

4. Angela
    March 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM

At least she didn’t say “cray cray ADORBS” =P According to the conspiracy sites..EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. I have been outraged by some (Sandy Hook comes to mind), but very often I am just left wondering how they managed to pull all of that out of their–other windpipe.

But I was VERY happy to see a link to DN’s 2012 story about this on a site that was discussing the subject. Shows there are some people looking harder–and it also shows that typing in the word ‘hoax’ after the title of the story brings Doubtful News straight to the top three google searches.

5. Rich
    March 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

So what’s the explanation for what happened to the Iraq stargate in the decades between WW2 and the Gulf Wars? Was Saddam using it? Did the British army steal the keys and remove the distributor?

I’d like to say that nothing people believe amazes me any more but, you know, it does, it constantly does amaze me.

6. Frederick
    March 10, 2014 at 12:25 PM

So every hill that are pointy are PYRAMIDS!! Nobel prize please.
    I don’t know how people can believe stuff like that, with with a picture and someone writing a sci-fi story about it. They so much want to believe they “know better” that they are ready to throw to the garbage every bit of common sense and rational thinking for it. Funny are they doubt everything in the media, but swallow everything whole in OTHER media. Like a religions i guess.

7. March 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Thanks for the uncommon sense.

8. joe
    April 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Any reason why this website deletes my reply post? don’t ask for a comment if you don’t want people to speak freely.

Editor: Read the comment policy. This is not a forum where anything goes.There are already too many of those.

9. May 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM

This part of the world is old, proximity to the Med, and historic trade routes. So, to find “something” doesn’t amaze me at all. I dunno how they have come up with such figures for age as you need organic material to accurately date the structure. Any structure is already a disturbance to the given area so it’s an unreliable metric. I loved this stuff when I was in HS.

10. Simon
    May 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Only evidence i can find other than some completely irrelevant trip down a well was a YouTube on some Stonehenge type monoliths in Crimea
    Cant for the life of me find anything on the pyramids that even remotely seems credible!