No Bigfoot press conference today February 9

Just a reminder, since lots of people are searching for it, Rick Dyer will NOT be giving a press conference today as originally promised a month ago.

Deja vu all over again: Dyer stages Bigfoot press conference (UPDATE: Set for Feb 9) | Doubtful News.

He got what he wanted – a chance to make some cash off the thing by taking it on tour. Very Barnum-like don’t you think?

Bigfoot bodies everywhere and nowhere – “Liar Dyer” taking one on tour | Doubtful News.

The alleged body of Bigfoot from Dyer's Bigfoot Today web site.

The alleged body of Bigfoot from Dyer’s Bigfoot Today web site.

More on this QUITE revealing event: Bigfoot ‘body’ on display in Phoenix area – FOX5 Vegas – KVVU.

Dyer has hired promoter Andrew Clacy to book stops on the “I Told You So” tour. Clacy told CBS 5 News that the body has undergone DNA testing, MRI scans, an autopsy, and more scientific testing in the last year. However, results from those tests are not yet available.

Not yet available until they can cash in on some ticket buyers – $10 for adults, $5 for kids. How convenient.

If someone knowledgable gets a good look and calls fraud, I hope they contact the police.

10 comments for “No Bigfoot press conference today February 9

1. February 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Back in the ’60’s I could have seen the Minnesota Iceman at the Berlin Fair for fifty cents – I regret that I didn’t even though it was a hoax.

But this retread? No way.

2. February 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I’m shocked.

3. Iain Campbell
    February 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Dyer Dyer pants on fire

4. Peter Robinson
    February 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Isn’t it Harry form Harry and the Hendersons? A distinct resemblance.

• February 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Harry was better looking…and more believable.

5. February 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

is he waiting for April 1st? Also I wonder if a lawyer could so some sort of class action suit for a refund for everyone that paid to see a real bigfoot, or if there is some clever wording to cover this. I think Bigfoot fans from all sides and belief levels are upset at this circus. He would make a lot more if he released the results proving it is indeed a “real” Bigfoot. A real Bigfoot could easily be sold for over a million dollars, way over a million I should think, instead of this silly “buy a ticket” method. That alone proves it is a fake.

• Breezr
      February 11, 2014 at 1:05 AM

$20,000,000 actually. The man who funded the tv series “Finding Bigfoot” offered a $20,000,000 reward to anyone who caught one.

6. Suzanne de Nimes
    February 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM

“Very Barnum-like don’t you think?”

That’s an insult to the memory of Mr. Barnum, who could at the very least tell a great story!

Of course, fraud is always a bad thing, but in a way I’m dismayed by the poor *quality* of our 21st century frauds, carnies and grifters.

Come on, people, at least give us some good stories, some entertainingly baldfaced lies, some showbiz chutzpah! As far as I can tell, this Dyer guy doesn’t even put in a minimal amount of effort to look like he’s *not* a fraud, relying entirely on the gullibility of the believers and the media.

• Chris Howard
      February 11, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Here. Here.

I do miss the riveting send up! There are no good hooks, anymore.

It makes me wonder if Dyer isn’t doing this because he knows that his audience is so eager to believe that he doesn’t have to invent a story.

He can string them along, changing dates, and coming up with as many rationales and excuses as he likes, because he knows that the desire to believe is stronger than the truth.

Wishful thinking wins every time.

7. Cory K
    March 10, 2014 at 2:40 AM

My prediction is that Dyer will have to be prosecuted federally (I believe) because the numerous and various forms of fraud have taken place over several State lines. His defense will be that he didn’t force anybody to buy tickets to see his stuffed doll, but any federal prosecutor worth a damn will chew him up and spit him out. I believe the charge is similar to ‘theft by false pretense’. Embezzlement and several other charges should follow. The good thing is that if he is tried and convicted (federally) he’ll be gone for a very long time.