These are “leading psychics”? Silly predictions abound for 2014

Just for giggles, check out and bookmark this site for psychic predictions for the year.

Psychic predictions: Leading psychics give their predictions for 2014.

Many of the predictions are obvious educated guesses, old people will die, storms and earthquakes will happen, people will or won’t be reelected. But some of them are kind of hilarious.

A discovery that diseases can be transmitted or transferred by pure thought from one location to another will be found.

Due to the advancement of new nano-chemicals, future cars will not need to be washed as much or need windshield wipers to repel dirt or water. [We already have Rain-X.]

New protruding land masses or islands will start to form around Hawaii, Southeast Asia, and the Bahamas over the next year, sparking renewed interest in the legend of Atlantis. [Like this doesn't already happen ALL the time!]

Scotland breaks away from United Kingdom and becomes independent. [Really, WOW, are you sure Scotland?]

Pope Francis to appoint the first woman cardinal to the Vatican. [Riiiight...]

Erratic weather patterns and recorded earth shifts, together with unusual paranormal events could be the result of us having been watched by other species in different dimensions. [How would you know?]

Sinkholes worldwide. [Already happens. Way to go out on a limb, there.]

Strange, eerie, rumbling sounds are heard in the Midwest of the United States. [Already happening as no one looks for the industrial or natural causes.]

A strange luminous plankton is seen under the sea that cannot be explained by scientists. This may be linked to a strange cosmic event – such as a Stella explosion and light in the sky – that changes animal behaviour patterns.

A possible landing of a spaceship. [That's every year.]

All in all, there are a few good testable claims stated. The rest are silly nonsense, decent guesses, wild speculation or stuff that happens every year anyway. Unimpressive.

14 comments for “These are “leading psychics”? Silly predictions abound for 2014

1. January 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM

“A possible landing of a spaceship.” Not “A landing of a spaceship” but a possible scenario. Those are the worst predictions of all, when they start using words like “possible”, “maybe”, “might happen”, “plausible”, etc.

You’re suppose to be psychic and KNOW these things.

2. Chris Howard
    January 5, 2014 at 5:09 PM

If I read those I’ll just get flustered.

I’m the guy who gets upset that you don’t get fortunes, from fortune cookies, anymore!

They’re not called “proverb” or “truism” cookies! Grrr!

3. January 5, 2014 at 5:12 PM

A “stella” explosion? STELLA!

4. January 5, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Oh they’ll claim a victory for “landing of a spaceship” – how many of the private companies are testing reusable ships, especially to grab a contract for resupply of the ISS? Hardly ET though. Just finished a rant piss take on another article of predictions 2 minutes before i returned from a pee to find it’s the same you’ve got ere Sharon. I was thinking of detoxing a bit by cutting beer consumption, but mon dieu, it’d drive anyone to drink this regurgitated drivel, we get every year – & this time the most obvious rubbish yet, with damn all detail, & sufficient vagueness to drop into what we all know will probably come in next few months. Grrrrr.

5. January 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Scotland will vote in 2014 on whether or not to become independent of the rest of the UK – see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014 . So it’s not all that crazy a prediction to suggest that they’ll vote “yes” (though current opinion polls suggest they won’t do so).

6. January 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I note he doesn’t link back to the same clueless psychics’ predictions for 2013: http://paranormal.about.com/od/prophetsandprophecies/tp/Psychic-Predictions-For-2013.htm

I wonder why?

• Neil J
      January 5, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Oh my. He predicted that Ruth Gingrich would step down from the Supreme Court. Ruth Gingrich. I’m Canadian and I know that’s just stone cold stupidity.

• Mike
      January 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I was thinking of asking him about that via email, but then noticed that my plants needed watering.

7. F-89
    January 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I think my logic clutch just popped just trying to read this-

“This may be linked to a strange cosmic event – such as a Stella explosion and light in the sky – that changes animal behavior patterns.”

As you say-like people aren’t making strange connections between animal behavior and completely unrelated things already.
    Light in the sky? Can we get any more vague?

8. January 6, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I think some of this might be more believable if they all said the same thing.

Nahh, it wouldn’t…….

9. Brian
    January 6, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Some of my predictions:

Obama will be impeached, and drag as many as he can with him in the healthcare mess

China and Japan will go to war, or get darn close- N. Korea is seen to have a hand in it

FL will begin to self destruct from the drugs, crazies, and the gentrification. (I can dream!)

Pope Francis will gain popularity from his reforms, and will have have people trying to assassinate him. The ‘industrialized’ nations are suspect.

Netflix will feel the strain as people get tired of its lousy offerings.

Lady gaga to wed.

Let’s see how *I* did, as compared to the above “professionals”.

• Brian
      January 6, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Oh- I left one out. the great possibility we will end up with ISON chunks headed our way around the end of 2014….

10. January 6, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I predit a shower of amnesia mixed with excuses & apologetics in January 015.

11. MrClean417
    January 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Stella has been known to have a short fuse. Personally, I try not to talk to her.