Nearly every day we post stories here at Doubtful News about the horrible, misinformation that abounds on the Internet, TV, radio and print regarding alternative medicine or CAM. Complementary and alternative medical treatments account for plenty of lost money, misplaced hope, empty promises, and sometimes even death. There was no organization that addressed these issues in the U.S. Until now…
From the experts who bring you the fantastic Science-based Medicine site – a brand new organization for sensible medical information. This is huge and necessary.
The mission of the Society for Science-Based Medicine includes the following:
- Educating consumers, professionals, business people, legislators, law enforcement personnel, organizations and agencies about Science-Based Medicine.
- Providing resources and information for information concerning all aspects of Science-Based Medicine.
- Providing a central resource for communication between individuals and organizations concerned about Science-Based Medicine.
- Supporting sound consumer health laws for the practice of Science-Base Medicine and opposing legislation that undermines Science-Based Medicine.
- Encouraging and aiding legal actions in support of the practice of Science-Based Medicine.
The Society will feature blogs, forums, podcasts, meetings/conferences, a journal and legal and legislative advocacy.
Membership is $85 for a year and includes access to the SBM ebooks (a GREAT resource). I STRONGLY encourage Doubtful News readers to get on board with this. I’m already signed up. Please, let’s help get his effort off to a tremendous start.