Kuwaiti political scientist “doubts” bin Laden is dead. So what?

I doubt this guy is well grounded in reality.

Bin Laden abducted not killed, claims Kuwaiti analyst – Emirates 24/7.

Radical Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was not killed but abducted by the US troops when they attacked his hideout in Pakistan in 2011, a well-known Kuwaiti political analyst was quoted on Sunday as saying.

Abdullah Al Nafeesi, a former Kuwaiti deputy and political science professor in Kuwait University, said the US lied when it said its forces killed bin Laden and dumped its body in the sea during the May 2011 attack following more than 11 years of a search operation to find the most wanted man in the world.

“The US announcement that Sheikh Osama bin Laden was killed in not true,” Nafeesi told Rotana Khaleejia TV channel in an interview carried by Saudi newspapers.

He “doubts” it. Argument from ignorance. What’s the evidence? He finds it hard to believe. Pfft. Nonsense conspiracy with zero support from reality.

Bin Laden is dead, fed to the fishes.

Tip: Russell G.

6 comments for “Kuwaiti political scientist “doubts” bin Laden is dead. So what?

1. January 7, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I always wondered who that guy hiding in my basement was. I always meant to ask him, you know, who he was, but it seemed rude to intrude.

2. January 7, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Nah he’s on Mars, with Elvis, Marilyn, Freddie Mercury, Maggie Thatcher, Hitler, Stalin, & the rest hiding in a hole eating bite size mini Mars bars with Saddam Hussein, don’t be silly.

3. Bob
    January 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM

So why hasn’t bin Laden written a letter to the editor lately?

4. Chris Howard
    January 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Well, I never believed that he existed in the first place. So there.

Check, and mate.

5. Nos482
    January 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I read somewhere that he died from Hepatitis C in december 2001… allegedly he couldn’t get his dialysis and thus died from liver and/or kidney failure.
    But then again, I read it on a waaaaayyy out there conspiracy blog. So it’s better to take this claim with a shaker of salt.

6. Suzanne de Nimes
    January 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I remember that “dialysis” theory being circulated by reputable sources, or at least sources I thought were reputable, at the time. Not necessarily that he was dead, just that it’d be harder for him to move around.

I personally figured he had been killed circa 2004 based on how all the “new bin Laden tapes” seemed to be obvious forgeries. My working theory was that OBL was killed by an air strike, but the military was only about 95% confident he was dead, not 100% (e.g., they knew he was present in Cave X, they knew everybody in Cave X was dead… but they couldn’t find and OBL DNA.)

I had forgotten about the dialysis story and whether it had ever been publicly confirmed or debunked. ABC News largely debunked it here:

(If link doesn’t show, try googling “Osama bin laden dialysis”.)

A telling point here seems to be that the whole dialysis story apparently came from the Pakistani government, which has proven to be highly suspect regarding anything OBL/al Qaeda-related.