2013 Psychic Predictions: Same old same old, as usual – FAIL

A marvelous rundown of psychic predictions for 2013 comes courtesy of Relatively Interesting. It’s HILARIOUS!  Did you know that psychics predicted a girl for William and Kate, a nuclear attack on New York, the discover of SEA MONSTERS? (Oh man, wish that last one was true. Maybe she was just imagining Pacific Rim.) Major fail. As usual. Check it out it it’s entirety.

2013 Failed and Forgotten Psychic Predictions.

Another year has come and gone, and with it, a slew of failed and forgotten psychic predictions.

Each year, the world’s “leading” psychics give us their predictions in January, and then we review them one year later to see how accurate they were.

[P]sychics don’t have any real advantage over everyone else in society (other than being pretty good at cold reading).  You don’t see psychics ruling the world, winning the lottery, solving impossible crimes… They don’t provide any real value to those who seek them, and more often than not, their agenda is financial.

They FAILED to predict the major world events of the year, as usual. They continued to predict standard things like old people will die, economic times will be hard, there will be an earthquake in the Pacific… yada yada yada. Unimpressive. Also as usual. Do you sense a trend?

9 comments for “2013 Psychic Predictions: Same old same old, as usual – FAIL

1. Harold Renshaw
    December 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

My psychic prediction came true. I predicted that no psychic predictions would come true.

• Suzanne de Nimes
      December 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I keep thinking that our current crop of psychics and other frauds aren’t just loathsome, but even worse, they’re BORING.

Almost all the prediction lists were full of nearly-always-true gimmes (e.g., there will be a strong but unspecified earthquake somewhere in the world) or stuff that people can make reasonably good predictions about with no supernatural powers (e.g., the Oscars(TM)).

“Psychic Nikki” at least took a few entertaining swings for the fences. All wrong, of course, but at least some of them are entertainingly wrong (monkeys!)

But still nowhere near as much fun as, say, Criswell’s predictions.

We need a better class of charlatan.

2. December 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Sitting on my scanner is the November 1975 issue of paranormal mag Probe the Unknown. The cover declares “President Ford Will Not Finish His Term Say 15 Psychics.”

• Suzanne de Nimes
      December 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM

There were two separate assassination attempts on Ford in September 1975, which I’m guessing influenced those predictions (and made them easier to “sell,” regardless of their accuracy.)

3. Peter Robinson
    December 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just wait for the PJRS to kick in. O.K. it’s a syndrome I made up many years ago….Post Justification Rationalisation Syndrome, but it has proved to be remarkably robust as a diagnosis in advance, as opposed to the lack of substance displayed year in and year out by the self proclaimed ‘psychics’ predictions. PJRS is copyrighted by the way!!!!!

• 1petermcc
      December 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM

I successfully predicted the death of Nelson Mandela this year. I’m discounting the 5 previous predictions just like any self respecting psychic would. And now I have a name for my affliction. :-)

4. ZombyWoof
    December 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Did any pshycic predict the death of Sylvia Brown? NOT!

5. FrankO
    December 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Gosh; I’m old. I vividly recollect reading in 1972 a paperback called “What the seers predict for 1972″. They hadn’t got a darn thing right — not even the easy ones!!

6. FrankO
    December 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Duh: typo. What the seers predict for 1971.