Two Halloween candy scares that were not all that scary

Razor blade found in candy bag | Local News – WMUR Home.

The Nashua New Hampshire Police Department investigated an incident involving a single loose razor blade found in a child’s bag. It turns out that it looked to have come lose from a pencil sharpener. Not deliberately put there to harm.

Salinas Police Investigating Poisoned Halloween Candy, One Woman – Central Coast News KION/KCBA.

In Salinas, California, a 32-year-old woman was trick-or-treating with her children when she reportedly ate three pieces of candy and immediately experienced a sense of disorientation and strangeness. Her symptoms were consistent with ingestion of LSD. But as far as this goes, there is no word that the CANDY was the source or that there was any other incidents. So… the evidence is still not there that Halloween Trick or Treating is very dangerous.

If you find any other Halloween incidents from this year, please post in comment.

  5 comments for “Two Halloween candy scares that were not all that scary

  1. November 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  2. YetAnoutherBrian
    November 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

    One of my wife’s friends reported on Facebook that there was a razor blade in her daughters candy. Everyone that read the post rightly freaked the heck out! Then the friend went curiously silent. An hour or two later she posted an update, “Please every one stop calling the police and the news, there was no razor in my daughters candy.” We think she had just posted it to garner sympathy/attention, and was now having to explain it to the police who showed up at her doorstep.

  3. Harold Renshaw
    November 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

    No problems.

  4. JonK
    November 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM,0,1823591.story#axzz2jpcXjuNy

    At the time of my post, no reports of the follow-up tests that were to have been conducted to confirm these stories.

    Please note that I am NOT endorsing these reports, only responding to the request for any such items.

  5. JDB
    November 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM

    LSD would take at least half an hour to start to affect someone after ingestion.

Comments are closed.