Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.
Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw.
No one was at home. Along with the damage, the dog suffered from smoke inhalation and was reportedly revived by rescue crews. I hope he’s not in the doghouse over this. Dogs don’t know what they hit with their paws is dangerous, whether it be a gun or a stove knob. Put stuff safely out of the dogs reach and field of vision or they will get it.