Kevin Trudeau exasperates judge, is JAILED!

It’s about F***ING TIME!

TV PITCHMAN PLEADS FOR MERCY, JAILED ANYWAY.

A federal judge rejected an impassioned plea from a television pitchman for his freedom on Tuesday, ordering U.S. Marshals to lock up Kevin Trudeau for failing to pay a $37 million civil judgment.

The visibly exasperated judge had already ordered that Trudeau be jailed during a hearing in Chicago when Trudeau stood up and asked if he could address the court. The Federal Trade Commission won the judgment after accusing Trudeau of hoodwinking viewers about his weight-loss books.

“There are no more assets to turn over, your honor,” the 50-year-old Trudeau insisted during a 10-minute plea, at times striking a note of desperation. “I’m going to be incarcerated … and I don’t know what to do.”

Wahh, let’s have a pity party for poor Kevin who finagled people out of money. Ugh. But, this may only last until Thursday when another hearing is scheduled.

Trudeau is accused of hiding his assets that he is required to use to pay back people he defrauded. But he won’t talk. The judge hope jail fixes that.

Additions:

Mocking Trudeau’s claims that he can’t remember where all of his millions went at Tuesday’s hearing, Gettleman noted, “It’s kind of interesting that Mr. Trudeau wrote a book about memory,” suggesting Trudeau read his own book.

“I don’t really have any alternative,” an exasperated Gettleman told Trudeau last week, when he postponed an earlier order to jail Trudeau so that Trudeau could attend a fundraiser for his own legal defense.

Trudeau still faces a criminal trial connected to the claims he made on TV about his diet book.

via Infomercial king Kevin Trudeau tossed back in jail over hidden money – Chicago Sun-Times.

10 comments for “Kevin Trudeau exasperates judge, is JAILED!

1. Stuart Robbins
    October 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM

My sentiments exactly. I read your title and thought, “Final-f—ing-ly!”

2. neko
    October 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

As much as I know it’s wrong, I sort of am curious to see if he can squiggle out.

It would be amazing if he escapes with his sheer nerve and hypocrisy.

Strange.

I know I shouldn’t, though, it’s unhelpful, all this Schadenfreude. This is real life, not a novel. It’s sad he’s been permitted to get this far, maybe all the kindness he’s misused has twisted him beyond where he knows what to do.

Or, maybe he’s just a jerk.

3. October 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

For some odd reason, Trudeau brings to mind the man who, being sentenced for the murders of his parents, begs the court for leniency because he’s an orphan…

4. Adam
    October 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

One wonders why Trudeau didn’t skip out of the country while he had the chance. Can’t say I’m the slightest bit sad to see him in jail though I know the second he gets out he’ll be at it again.

5. drwfishesman
    October 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

In sailing there is a term called death roll, it’s when you put turn your keel into the wind under full sail I believe. The result is a capsize. Trudeau has committed to the turn, he is going down. It will be slow, painful, and joyful to watch.

6. Richard
    October 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM

He probably has his assets squirreled away (no offense intended to squirrels) in Cayman Islands, various Middle Eastern countries, possibly Switzerland (the Swiss have been more cooperative with fraud investigations lately, so that is uncertain). They’ll probably never find it.

Meanwhile, just about a week ago I saw one of his infomercials on a cable channel in a hotel — how is he able tostay on the air?

7. October 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM

“One wonders why Trudeau didn’t skip out of the country while he had the chance. ” I suspect his arrogance kept him from believing that going to jail was an actual possibility.

In related news, Doubtful News has issued a press release apologizing for a commenter’s disparaging remarks about squirrels.

8. October 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM

He remains in jail, next hearing is Monday:
    “Infomercial king Kevin Trudeau’s bid for freedom failed Thursday when a federal judge ordered him to remain locked up in a downtown jail until he comes clean about his hidden millions.”

9. Brandon