Bradford PA blobsquatch story propelled by the Bigfoot wave (UPDATE: Bigroot)

I’ve been avoiding this story for a week. But when folks pop their heads in my office and say “Did you see the Bigfoot in Bradford?”, I guess I have to address it. I HATE when that happens.

Cryptomundo » Two Bigfoot Photographed Near Bradford, PA?.

This story originated on a news forum. Now it is all over. Since the forum is public, here is the story.

As I stated, there was a “Bigfoot Calling Contest” at the Kinzua Bridge Festival on Saturday September 21st 2013 in the afternoon (3pm perhaps?).

On Sunday September 22nd, my girlfriend and I were leaving the Kinzua Bridge State Park at approximately 4:30 PM.

We were driving north (not sure of the road name) on the road that passes the park. About 4 or 5 miles north, I spotted out of the corner of my eye, something dark in the woods that looked like the shape of a “bigfoot or yeti”.

Then I stopped the car in the road. I then determined there were two “creatures”. One larger and one a bit smaller. I took photos out of the window, and slowly advanced the car forward for a better view through the trees and some brush along the road.

At first they seemed to be moving toward us, and then they appeared to turn and head away at a slow pace.

There were two distinct creatures and the space between them varied at times, but one appeared to follow the other.

The comments go on to suggest they were people in ghillie suits or that he should have gotten closer. Gee, sorry for stating the obvious, dude. You made some extraordinary claim that this might be Bigfoot, we would have liked a closer look.
yeti1

yeti2yeti9

Is this good evidence? No. We can’t tell what it is and there are no other lines of evidence to work with. This is pretty much add-to-the-pile of Bigfoot photos that tell us nothing for certain.

But it showed up in conjunction with the Ketchum-Erickson press conference where people are once again fooled into thinking that there is NEW and EXCITING proof of Bigfoot. None of this is new and it’s hardly exciting. It does not look like real animals – it looks like fake suits. And the Ketchum project was a scientific bust. It’s ridiculous to take this quality of evidence seriously. After over 50 years of searching for Bigfoot with high tech equipment and DNA capability as we have now, we STILL have blobs that look like tree roots/stumps and questionable study results that make no sense. Progress on Sasquatch reality? Actually… backwards. Something is wrong there.

UPDATE: A commenter posted this picture showing a… root ball. So much for a moving creature. It is certainly the same. Solved. Note in the quote above that the witness says they “appeared” to move away. Eyewitness perception is terrible. This is why we can’t rely on it.

rootball

UPDATE: (5-Oct-2013) It’s going around Bigfoot circles that this was a deliberate hoax by John Stoneman. Regardless, he is reveling in it. Yuck.

27 comments for “Bradford PA blobsquatch story propelled by the Bigfoot wave (UPDATE: Bigroot)

1. Tim Kudamik
    October 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Does anyone else think this looks like a fallen tree with roots and dirt sticking up?

2. Mark W
    October 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

There was “a ‘Bigfoot Calling Contest’” nearby, so the likelihood that someone associated with the contest would stoop to such a stunt as having a few people wear costumes would obviously be highly slim. I mean, really: someone promoting a Bigfoot event in a state park hoaxing the event-goers? Near impossible! Also, if you are bad at reading sarcasm, this was sarcasm.

3. October 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Mark W., no worries, I always have my sarcasm beanie on when I read anything about Bigfoot. I got your drift. :)

4. Russell G.
    October 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Those photos aren’t helpful. It’s sad how haughty some BF’ers can get when you critique their blurry photos…
    Most cryptozoology fans are nice, but a substantial minority can be outright jerks.

5. October 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

It’s clearly Snufflupagus. Or a mammoth.

6. October 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

What else is new?

7. Rand
    October 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

From the photos, it looks more like a tree-stump than a big-foot to me…

8. Mr. B
    October 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Well….is this it? That’s all the bigfooters have? That’s ALWAYS all they have.

9. Harold Renshaw
    October 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I think it ought to be against the law for tree stumps to fool people. They know what they’re doing.

10. Suzanne de Nimes
    October 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

The more I see of recent “evidence” for Bigfoot, the more I have to give credit to ol’ Roger Patterson. Say what you will about the guy, but he really hit the sweet spot with his hoax film. Just enough surface detail and peculiarity (in part due to guy-in-suit Bob Hieronymus’ “normal” gait!) to pull people in and look plausible (to audiences who “want to believe,” at least), just the right amount of shakiness to support the “hastily shot footage” story, etc.

• October 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Suzanne, I totally agree.

11. gewsin
    October 3, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Even MORE doubtful:
    You have an office?!

• October 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM

THIS IS AWESOME. How did you find this?

12. Patty
    October 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

There’s more pictures too, he went down the road were John Stoneman said he seen it but you want to know the cool thing? The day after he took the shot the idiots cut the tree off and flopped down and hid the root ball so it looked real and is suppose to go viral and be on animal planet!

• October 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Patty: Wow. Thank you so much for following up with that. That is exactly what DN is all about.

13. October 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Sharon has an office. She is a jobsquatch. That’s an awesome reveal, guys. Very well done.

14. October 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Root ball, I went outside and looked around the woods and realized at certain angles you can photograph stuff to look like bigfoot, or whatever you really want. Wonderful job solving this !!! It’s like the face on Mars. I always wonder if perhaps they say something, as they were open to look for sure after a festival, and then said “wow this really looks like a bigfoot!” Did they release the photo for public use or are they charging a fee? That always makes me wonder, if they are getting a fee for use, then their claims these “creatures” were moving makes more sense. No one is going to pay a lot for a root ball photograph.

15. Patty
    October 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

And it’s going viral as we speak ha ha ha! Feel free to post the pictures I provided and I have more if needed. This guy is so proud of his scam and hiding the evidence… so he thought. LOL

16. spookyparadigm
    October 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Media-driven hoax? Now it feels like bigfoot news

17. October 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I propose that the DNA of future alleged Bigfoot finds be compared with the DNA of local trees.

18. October 4, 2013 at 4:32 AM

http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2013/10/03/bigfoot-friends-photos-show-two-creatures-pennsylvania-forest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StrangerDimensions+%28Stranger+Dimensions%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail Found these photos with better size & resolution & clearly root ball. If witness saw them moving he was on something, imagined because he was spooked, or trick of the light.

19. Chris Howard
    October 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM

“Bigfoot Calling Contest” so Bigfoots just kickin’ back, watching the game, or you know; whatever it is that he does on his day off and a bunch of local yocals just start calling him?!

I hope he doesn’t have to pay any roaming fees… I guess he could have a land line?

20. BobM
    October 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Another blobsquach, probably landed from one of those blurry UFOs.

21. October 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I reviewed a book about a Victorian’s search for the gorilla. http://rockyflatsfacts.com/2013/09/victorians-and-gorillas/#more-2313 I was struck by the book saying once Europeans started asking for, and paying for, gorilla remains, skulls and other gorilla bits turned up fairly quickly. It didn’t take 50 years once they were serious. Also, some of the locals’ stories about gorillas couldn’t have been true, given what we know about gorillas today. Interesting comparison to Bigfoot. (Sigh! Bigfoot was my childhood favorite woo-woo.)