The 47-year-old, from Griffith John Street, took a short cut across the grass near to where she lived when she suddenly felt a stinging sensation on both legs.
Ms Cull believed she had walked through stinging nettles. But when she got home her partner Kay noticed there was blood streaming from both her legs.
Ms Cull said her partner alerted the ambulance service and a paramedic told her that they believed she had been bitten by a snake.
“When I got to the hospital they rang the Medical Reptile Unit in London which told them to measure the bite and they then confirmed it was a python.”
There was report of a lost python snake in the area that night but it was apparently found and back with its owner before Ms. Cull was bitten. There were no other reports of missing pythons in the area at that time. So, this is a bit of a mystery then. She did suffer some strange effects. Luckily, she has made a full recovery and has suffered no ill side effects from the incident.
Frankly, I don’t get it. Something isn’t adding up with this story.