Farmer’s cow problem turns psychological

Last June we posted this story about farmer Werner Bock and the situation with his cows. Bock (apparently) came into the comments to tell us it was Satanists harassing his cows and that we should WAKE UP.

That November, I received a phone call AT HOME from a person who was involved with Bock and the investigation of his farm who proceeded to tell me all about it – that is, how bizarre and crazy it was. His rather incoherent rambling included details that he was an “informant in the Madoff case”, an “informant to the SPCA”, and that he was amazed at what he saw. When I asked what exactly he was calling about, he started in about wiretap tapes to his “enemy” (Sen) Arlen Spector (now deceased) and the coming election because he didn’t want a war. (WAHT?)

Nope, it had zero to do with the story I had posted about a farmer and his cows. But, such is the price of skepticism. Now, this.

Farmer who says ‘lasers’ killed cows sent for assessment – New Brunswick – CBC News.

A Moncton-area cattle farmer, who claims lasers and heat rays killed his cows, has been sent for a psychiatric assessment.

Werner Bock is facing two counts of failing to provide proper food and water to his animals during the spring of 2011.

Provincial court Judge Troy Sweet was expected to render a decision in the case on Thursday.

Instead, the judge said he wanted Bock to see a psychiatrist first.

Bock, who contends the case against him is a conspiracy by the government, veterinarians, the RCMP and the CBC, refused.

He said a psychiatrist had previously found him to be suffering from paranoia and he doesn’t trust them.

He didn’t go willingly but was led away in handcuffs.

I don’t know what the deal was with the person who called me (but it seemed he was a KNOWN harasser) or what that had to do with Bock but I get the feeling there are weird things going on for sure. It’s not Satanists with lasers or UFOs or the CIA, but mind monsters.

Oh, and If you call me again dude, I’m calling the cops.

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

8 comments for “Farmer’s cow problem turns psychological

1. September 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Ah, ”wake up!” one of the most frequent phrases used by conspiracy theorists and wooists alike. It is good to see that this individual is receiving the treatment he so very needs.

2. spookyparadigm
    September 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

There is a long history of the “Influencing Machine” being an element of paranoid mental illness

Problem is, conspiracy theorists try to give it credence, complete with the TI (Targeted Individual) support culture.

Something that made the news again this week with the Navy Yard shooting, as the killer believed he was being targeted by mind control beams

I will once again point out that mystery mongers have used such individuals in the past to spice up their publications, most importantly in the case of the Shaver Mysteries that provided an important early base for flying saucer lore, but were the rewritten letters of a man who heard voices coming out of his arc welding equipment that spoke of mind control beams emanating from ancient evil beings from under the earth.

The wiki for Shaver tries to balance out the impact on UFOs, but that miniscule group of Forteans etc. had an impact. In addition to the direct Palmer-Flying Saucer connection noted there, Doreal was one of those writing back and forth on the Shaver mysteries, and injected the idea of an ancient Antarctic base and Reptilian aliens into ufology, both from the pulp stories of Lovecraft and Howard (Michael Barkun discusses this further in his Culture of Conspiracy book, if you don’t want to do the detective work yourself).

Likewise, the entirety of the Philadelphia Experiment myth of conspiracy theory is based on the writings of Carl Allen, who was also mentally ill. And these are just the well-documented and influential examples. While I don’t blame people who decades ago may have propagated these stories without knowledge of their origins (which were airbrushed out of the breathless publications that presented them to the world), anyone in the last decade or so with ready access to such information through the internet who still writes about these topics and their fruit is at least somewhat exploiting the mentally ill as a kind of entertainment. That needs to be called out more forcibly, IMO.

3. Kristen
    September 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Wow, that is really sad, but the shocking part is someone called you AT HOME to discuss a post?! That is crossing the line. Way, way over the line. Thanks for doing this website to keep us up to date on the latest and giving us a place to discuss this stuff. I think if I started getting nutty calls at home I’d be offline in a hurry.

4. September 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

so sad. One reason I do the sadly what must be limited ,because of time , work with alien abduction experiencers is that many of them have legitimate illnesses (not get mental illnesses), or horrible drug side effects (actually the most easy and often found issue). Treatment is available that can help, but those that would exploit these people for their own agenda (often having to do with how they make a living) keep those that need it from help. I salute those in the UFO community that try to weed out those that truly are in need of help, and try to recommend them to get help. Sadly, exploiting the ill, and often it is a physical illness, not just mental, is all too common.

5. Sean A. Elliott
    September 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Regardless of any topic, an unsolicited phone call at your home is outrageous. I understand how serious a violation that is, personally I would recommend contacting police and documenting the behavior. It is important to establish a record in the event of continued harassment.

6. September 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

“He said a psychiatrist had previously found him to be suffering from paranoia and he doesn’t trust them.” That about sums it up.

7. neko
    September 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Wow. Scary. Please be careful out there.

I don’t know how you do it. If it were me, I would have a pen name for my blog and an unlisted number at home. Heck, as you see, I wouldn’t even comment on a blog under my actual name.

8. September 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I suggest you get yourself a new, unlisted number. Crazies don’t give up. :(