Virginia trail cam photo has some suggesting Bigfoot

Unidentified? Nah, we’ve seen this before.

Unidentified animal seen on trail cam | The Southwest Times.

It is unclear if this is an unverified picture of a “Bigfoot.” It was recently discovered on a “trail cam” placed in the nearby mountains.

It was surprising, to say the least, when I discovered the image on the camera’s disc. What in the world can this be?

Carefully scrutinizing the image, it appears that the right arm shows fingers as the animal grasps the base of the tree stump. It also has elongated feet similar to a man’s appendages. Its fur is matted on the back but thin on the arms and legs. Unfortunately, the head and face are not shown by the image taken.

Trail cam photo from Virginia

Trail cam photo from Virginia

There is no information about exactly where it was found or comparison with other pictures on the trail cam. The comments to his piece note as does the author that it is WELL ESTABLISHED that bears are here and that is a bait stump for bear. This bear looks young, thin, and may have mange which makes it look different from the big fuzzball bear we are used to. It’s somewhat like the why-won’t-this-silly-idea-die Jacobs photo (The case of the acrobatic bear (or juvenile Sasquatch) . Not a juvenile Bigfoot. This certainly looks like an animal that walks on four legs, not two. I don’t see the detail that the author sees. But, when I see brown hairy thing in forest on four legs, I think “Bear” not “Bigfoot”.

I really do think these photos with just the right parts obscured are deliberately touted as “bigfoot” pics when the people with the camera know damn well they are not.

For comparison, here is a mangy bear.
blackbear Mange

12 comments for “Virginia trail cam photo has some suggesting Bigfoot

1. Kristen
    August 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

That does not even look like a particularly mangy bear. That’s just a bear.

2. Chris Howard
    August 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Bears without fur look like werewolves, to me.

3. Sean A. Elliott
    August 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Yeah, there is no question that is a bear. No glute muscles suggesting it walks on two legs and the feet are without a doubt ursine. It looks like the Bigfoot folks are willing to consider anything that might support their case, even though their minds are made up.

4. Mr. B
    August 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM

You could post a picture of a blank nothing or of a white backdrop and the bigfooters will see their bigfoot (and argue about it all day). I am all for the mangy bear because it’s most certainly that.

5. August 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Definitely bear; looks to me like that right front leg/paw has been badly Photoshopped in.

6. Drewbot
    August 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

To be fair, the commenters at Bigfoot Forums have declared it is either a bear or a chimp, but clearly not a Bigfoot.

• August 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM

That’s good. I was talking about the reporter suggesting this. Silly.

7. August 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

No it’s not bigfoot. I analyzed this last night and found it was likely a wet black bear.

Bigfoot Caught on Trail Cam? Not This Time!

8. Vin
    August 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

So if it’s from cam footage…where are the other thousand or so frames? Uno, the frames that CLEARLY show that it’s just a mangy bear? Seems to me that the US is inundated with Stupid, and the extremely lax pet laws in many US states have led to entire menageries of animals being released by irresponsible ‘owners’, free to spread Mange and Rabies across the land (I really don’t know how ANYTHING native survives in the US after seeing the ASTOUNDING amount of damage introduced species can do to virgin bush in here Australia)

9. August 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Yogi & Boo Boo have gone downhill since their heyday, sad.

10. Bearman
    August 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

This is a photo of a run-of-the-mill standard issue black bear. The photo of the Demodex (mangy) bear was from a remote camera in one of my study areas – taken by a colleague. A bear with no hair? Those are some odd looking creatures.

11. James Breeden
    January 9, 2014 at 5:41 PM

It is a bear just like the Jacob’s photo from PA is a bear.
    I have VHS video footage of a bear that looks just these.
    I will add that I do believe that Bigfoot is a real animal, but this photo is not of one.
    I will also mention that due to the advances in photo technology, to me all modern day photos in my opinion are treated with high suspicion. However, I do believe that the Patterson/Gimlin footage is of a real creature.