I first saw this story on the Daily Mail. Red flags flew. So I found it locally and sure enough, it holds up. It will be curious to see if they get any better information on how this happened. That’s a pretty tough egg.
Paul Franklin’s parents admit they didn’t think much of it when their son scraped his knee while playing on the beach during a recent camping trip.
“Before you know it, a couple weeks later, his knee was very swollen and infected,” Ken said.
Paul’s parents took him to the doctor, who prescribed antibiotics, and days passed amid fears his wound was badly infected with a dangerous strain of Staph.
Then last Thursday, Rachael noticed the spot on her son’s knee was turning black.
Upon taking a closer look, she decided that she had to drain the wound. That’s when she got a shock.
“It looked like a rock. It was a black thing,” she said.
“I put it on a paper towel and I’m like, ‘That is a weird looking rock. It has swirls on it.’ And I turn it over and it is a sea snail.”
Luckily the family has taken the whole ordeal with a good sense of humour. After the sea snail hatched and was removed, Paul’s wound has almost completely healed and he doesn’t seem to be having any bad after effects from growing a snail inside his body.
And it seems the sea snail even made out of alive. Weird.