Ken! God sent a message: He HATES your new zip lines

Staffer shocked by lightning on Creation Museum attraction | Northern Kentucky – WLWT Home.

A staff member was injured Wednesday while clearing guests from a zip line at the Creation Museum.

Museum officials said a male staffer touched an object that had been energized by lightning and was injured.

Thank GOD he wasn’t hurt badly. I jest, it’s mean, I know.

The zip lines were just recently added to attract more visitors to the museum since pretty much all the people who would want to see such a thing already have gone once.

Again, I kid…

9 comments for “Ken! God sent a message: He HATES your new zip lines

1. Brian
    August 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Shocking!

Did the guests get charged? *rim shot*

2. One Eyed Jack
    August 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

And funding for the new Ark Encounter park is floundering. Oh what will Ham do?

3. RDW
    August 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I don’t think it was the same place, but there was a giant Jesus statue in N. Ky. that was struck by lightening and burned several years ago. I think it was made out of styrofoam. What an absurd, filthy bunch of foulness !!

4. YetAnoutherBrian
    August 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

RDW, your talking about Touchdown Jesus. Here is the Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Kings_(statue)

He has risen… again. Let me introduce you to Hug Me Jesus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_Mundi_(statue)

I could not find the cost, but I am sure it is depressingly high. I remember at the time thinking if it was struck by lightning and burned down, maybe your god is trying to tell you something, or Thor does not like graven images, or lightning happens.

5. August 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

@YetAnotherBrian

The newspaper articles linked to on Wikipedia state that the original statue cost £250,000 dollars and that the replacement was paid for by insurance money. Insured, presumably, against acts of god.

6. Dang
    August 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM

The locals (in Monroe, Ohio–between Dayton and Cincinnati, along I-75), and Heywood Banks, call it “Big Butter Jesus”. You can search YouTube for Heywood’s homage to it, along with a reprise after the act of god. (I can’t get to YouTube from work, or I’d post the link.)

7. Brian
    August 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Because a giant statue of Jesus is so much easier to spend money on than say- feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, etc.

I also cannot believe it’s not butter….. :P

8. One Eyed Jack
    August 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM

RDW, your talking about Touchdown Jesus.

For the record, the original Touchdown Jesus resides at the the University of Notre Dame.

The visual impact was much stronger before the stadium expansion in the late 1990′s that added higher rows of seating. Prior to that, Touchdown Jesus was a prominent background to the northern goal. Now you just see his head and arms from inside the stadium.

9. bradleyben
    August 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Slate has an article on this:
    The article uses the incident to introduce the fact that lighting-caused deaths have declined sharply in recent decades, and it discusses several possible reasons.