Three cows dead: I don’t know, therefore, aliens

Journalism? Facts? Thinking? No, aliens.

RTV6 – Missouri rancher suspects aliens after 3 cows mutilated – US/World Story.

A Missouri rancher thinks aliens could be to blame for killing her livestock.

Mitchell found the first mutilated cow in December 2011.

She initially assumed the animal had fallen victim to teenagers or was part of a sacrificial ritual, until earlier this month. Mitchell made the next discovery on July 9.

Finally on July 19, Mitchell found the third cow. She said its heart was exposed, its teats were cut off and its tongue was cut out.

Mitchell said the cuts all looked surgical with clean, precise incisions. And in all three deaths, Mitchell said there was no blood despite the animals’ gaping wounds.

Since the cows graze in such an isolated place, nobody saw or heard a thing. Mitchell said the sheriff’s department and a veterinarian have investigated but can’t come up with an answer.

With all other reasonable causes debunked, Mitchell said she is open to the possibility that extraterrestrial life could be responsible.

Lyn Mitchell is considering installing security cameras around on her ranch to get to the bottom of this. That would at least certainly almost most definitely kill her theory about aliens. All other reasonable causes debunked? How about a lightning strike, disease, predators? I don’t see a veterinarian weighing in here. I don’t see any investigation. I see people jumping to conclusions. Cows die and you may not know why and animals EAT the remains in a way JUST as she described. I really dislike the ignorance in these stories. The result is a giant leap to unjustified paranormal conclusions. Didn’t see predators? Yeah, well you didn’t see aliens either.

10 comments for “Three cows dead: I don’t know, therefore, aliens

1. Massachusetts
    July 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Is there professional veterinary confirmation in any of these cattle mutilation stories that “surgical” skill was really used?

2. July 31, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Massachusetts, that was my thought as well….While I don’t claim to know of proof for or against E.T. life (but, if they are advanced enough to travel unseen all these years, why the need to test cow teats?), I have yet to see a Vet claim that the cuts were “surgical”. What signifies that? smooth incisions? My hunting knife does that quite well, and I’m far from “surgical” when I go hunting…..Too many assumptions, not enough evidence.

3. July 31, 2013 at 4:19 AM

An update from the person involved:

Lyn Sydney Mitchell

“I was a little misquoted in this article. I never actually said I believe aliens or extraterrestrials did this, as the title leads you to believe. (After contacting KSHB the word “alien” was removed from the headline) I did say I am open to the idea something out of the normal happened to these animals. Who or what did it, I don’t know. They were healthy and did not die from animal attack. No bullet hole or cause of death was evident. There is a lot of advanced technology out there. I am just sharing my story in an effort to get some answers. I really don’t appreciate people making a mockery out of a very serious situation. This crime is a felony in Missouri. I have installed several cameras and plan to prosecute if we can catch who ever is doing this. My neighbor found a dead cow this week, but it was several days old and we can’t determine exact cause of death.”

4. July 31, 2013 at 5:18 AM

It’s a theme that emerges from a lot of these stories, how little credit the media emerges with. They’re quite happy to put a story out which is essentially “whoahh – aliens!” or “whoahh – ghosts or what?” and harvest the web traffic. I can’t believe journalists or editors are all that credulous by nature, but I can believe a decision is made to stick a lazy story out as it’ll get interest.

5. July 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Here’s my bizarre conspiracy theory. The cow gets sick, dies, then scavengers show up and eat the easy access parts, tongue, teats, anus, etc. There’s no blood because you cow was dead before the parts were eaten. Or, it was those pesky Reptilians again who can travel across the Universe, and yet, forget money to go to McDonald’s.

6. July 31, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Those pesky Repi’s….mastered light speed travel, “surgical” lasers, But have yet to find a method to keep from forgetting their wallets :)

7. July 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

You’re making light of it but they come a long, long way and once you get that craving for cow anus…

8. July 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM

And McD’s is well known for serving IMITATION cow anus….After travelling 30 light years, only the real thing will satisfy your 3 growling stomach units

9. July 31, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Ben Radford writes on it. http://news.discovery.com/animals/mysterious-cow-deaths-spur-alien-theories-130731.htm He dealt with “bloodless” and mutilations with chupacabra research.

10. Brian
    August 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I once read in the dark, deep corners of the internet, that cows were being mutilated because people were doing clandestine disease research.

Let’s face it- if aliens wanted to do this sort of thing, they’d have their *own* cows. :-P