Actor Sheen (Nessie hunter) just loves attention

Charlie Sheen tweets and everyone gets excited. Jeez, people. Get a life.

Charlie Sheen: I raised hell… and now I’ll raise Nessie | UK | Daily Express.

The Anger Management star, 47, is convinced he can solve the mystery of what lurks in the loch.

He revealed his madcap plan on Twitter, posing for a snap in what he called his “hunting gear”, a bronze battle helmet, along with friend Brian Peck.

Sheen was soon flooded with encouraging messages from fans all over the world wishing him the best of luck with the mission.

One woman called him an “archeologist”. People used to think that I did archaeology (I’m a geologist). I feel bad for real archaeologists. But sorry folks, you can’t throw money at this legend and solve it. And I don’t count on Bad Boy Charlie to come up with anything other than a publicity stunt. Many MANY people have looked for the solution to Nessie, really smart people who knew what they were doing. No one has found a monster. Perhaps because it’s a legend and the result of many explanations the retrofitted to be “the monster”. This story seems thanks to that Piccardi story from last week about the fault line explanation. As we reported, this was an old story without merit. It’s amazing what makes news these days. Well, it is July, the silly season begins.

11 comments for “Actor Sheen (Nessie hunter) just loves attention

1. Bob
    July 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

All stories about Charlie Sheen should start… “Sad person Charlie Sheen…:

2. July 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Knowing Charlie, I think he could see pink elephants and unicorns with what he ingests.

3. spookyparadigm
    July 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I’d say more about the archaeology thing (that quote is bog standard for how the public sees us. It isn’t correct, but it is in keeping with the primary symbolic meaning the archaeologist has had through time. I’ll just say, dig to the origin of Jinkies and Zoinks, and you’ll see what I mean), but I’m procrastinating from writing about that RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT so I’ll save it for the page.

4. Chris Howard
    July 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I really hope he finds it! He wins!

5. Sean Elliott
    July 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Stupefying. I was blissfully unaware of this “event” until just now……the mystery here is less about the Loch Ness monster, and more about Mr.Sheen and why anybody, anybody at all would care.

6. July 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM

It’s not nice to label people ‘sad’. We are all (including @ Bob) as we are and there is nothing we can do about that.

7. spookyparadigm
    July 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

It may not be nice, but the man was handed Hollywood connections through his father. Then he actually did something with those connections and had some decent success, especially as he realized he was a better comedian than leading man. Then he flushed it down the toilet through narcotics in a manner spectacular even for Hollywood. THEN Hollywood decided to go with that, and paid him vast sums of money to play a cartoonish version of himself on TV. AND THEN he screwed that up to, and has been acting the part of a celebrity troll ever since, along the way becoming the epitome of the Hollywood nutter. I suspect his endorsement was part of what allowed Alex Jones to go from “Who?” for most people, to start getting mainstream media gigs. Though having the right half of the political spectrum completely meltdown since 2008 is clearly the biggest factor.

So yeah, at this point, it may not be nice, but sad is at a bare minimum appropriate. The world has thrown him more lifelines than is imaginable, and he’s ranting on about using tiger blood to find the Loch Ness Monster.

8. July 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I don’t want to fall out with you @spookyparadigm, but most of us do the same (or think we do). Mr Sheen just happens, by chance, to be well known. You will find life easier if you don’t castigate others.

9. Brian
    July 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am wishing he does find the monster- and gets eaten. :-D

10. July 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM

@Michael Greening

What if spookyparadigm has no choice but to castigate others?

11. July 16, 2013 at 4:15 AM

You’re quite right @Rich, and I may be able to stop castigating castigators. On the other hand, I may not.