Turkish “Barbie doll” giggle girls sell Creationism

WHOA! How many people can you piss off with this?

Turkey’s Creationist TV channel uses women described as ‘Barbie-like’ to spread message | PRI.ORG.

Turkey’s Islamic creationist guru Adnan Oktar is a regular fixture on his TV channel A9 — for hours and hours, day after day.

On one recent day, as he often does, Oktar was talking about one of his many exhibitions of fossils that he says disproves evolution.

Oktar and his cult-like organization have been in the Turkish media space for decades. But only last year did he deploy his new weapon in the battle against Darwinism: A flock of ostensibly attractive, curvy young women.

The “kittens,” as he calls them, call him “master” and generally guffaw at the right moments and nod their heads in agreement with whatever he says.

The article notes this guy knows how to grab attention, “skillfully combining Islam, sexual objectification, demagoguery and Versace.”

YUCK!

Can’t get more degrading to women and intelligence that that. Sex sells. I suppose the US is lucky in that our ignorant anti-science proponents haven’t gotten this despicable. Yet.

turkish creationism women

13 comments for “Turkish “Barbie doll” giggle girls sell Creationism

1. RDW
    June 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Women that dumb-assed have never appealed to me. Unfortunately, most guys don’t have such high standards or self control, like I do.

2. scott auden
    June 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM

the interesting story here is that these women have clearly been cloned! I had no idea Turkish genetics were so advanced.

3. Stuart Robbins
    June 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Nope, in the US, we have people like Ken Ham (okay, a bit of a dreamy voice), “Dr.” Kent Hovind, Pat Robertson, and a few others. All old men who are no where near as allegedly attractive as – to use a Simpsons reference – the Boobarellas whom Oktar has employed. Not that these “kittens” (seriously?!) do anything for me.

4. June 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I didn’t know Muslim women were allowed to dress like that!
    And if they haven’t been cloned, they likely got some help from plastic surgeons.

5. Chris Howard
    June 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM

As far as we know the “kittens” could all be grad students, or inland aquatic biologists? You know, or not…

6. brian
    June 5, 2013 at 7:16 AM

If that’s sexy and beautiful…. oh, never mind. That’s really nasty and disgusting. In a ‘stomach churning’ way. Stupid women with way too much makeup and probably stuffed with socks up front.

‘Sex’ like that wouldn’t sell me water if I was dying of thirst!

7. One Eyed Jack
    June 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Wow. Could you be more insulting?

2) I don’t find these women attractive either, but who are you to judge someone that does? Be careful to avoid walking in the rain. Holding your nose that high is dangerous.

8. Brian
    June 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

“1) We don’t know the intelligence of these women. You are making assumptions based on stereotypes of appearance.”

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck- it isn’t a triple cheeseburger and fries!

It’s called an opinion- and I agree with him. I have been around women like that- and they universally are about as intelligent as a piece of wood. They have little on their minds except ‘how do I look’, and pretty much are useless as members of society. Instead of going after people like us, who recoil at a sight like that- go after the media and the way the world thinks about women. I for one, am kinda finished with trying to change the world. You don’t like it? GO FIX IT YOURSELF. Hmph.

9. Rich
    June 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

On a possibly slightly unrelated note – the woman second from the left; is that severe corsetry or photoshop?

10. Summer
    June 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

hey, could we criticise the methods of this guy without making demeaning comments about the girls appearance? They are people being paid for a job. A demeaning job, but we don’t know their circumstances.

If reading an article about a guy who uses and exploits women as a mean to promote ignorance prompts you to say shit about how these women look, like, it’s mysoginy.
    kthxbai

• June 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I agree it’s a cheap tactic to use and it’s not about the women but the cheap tactic.

However, I would not call it misogyny. That word is WAY overused.

11. One Eyed Jack
    June 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Yes, it is an opinion – a strikingly shallow one.

12. ThatSkepticGuy
    June 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

“I suppose the US is lucky in that our ignorant anti-science proponents haven’t gotten this despicable. Yet.”

PETA has been doing exactly this for the past thirty years or so.