Alex Jones: Worst person to interview

I can’t help but get a good laugh out of Alex Jones.

Conspiracy theorists dismiss Alex Jones as government conspiracy to make conspiracy theorists look stupid.

Conspiracy theorists have dismissed US talk radio host Alex Jones as a government stooge designed to make conspiracy theorists look ridiculous, following his meltdown on live BBC television.

Jones used his appearance on Andrew Neil’s Politics Show to make shouty conspiracy theorists appear mentally ill in front of an audience of millions.

Conspiracy blogger Chuck Matthews told us, “He’s not one of us, no way.”

“Alex Jones is clearly a plant by a government desperate to silence the conspiracy theory movement by making us all look like complete idiots.”

If you really want to watch, go to the BBC page here. But what’s the glory in trolling? He’s an ass. I guess our culture likes people who make asses out of themselves. So even though he’s popular, he is becoming a joke, like many celebs. We do follow them for laughs and entertainment value. Not my idea of entertainment but they provide a measure of the low bar. I would wish that the media stop pulling this stunt and ignore Alex Jones. Word.

More: BBC Host to Alex Jones: “You are the worst person I have interviewed. We have an idiot on the show.” | FreakOutNation.

I’ll bet he’s proud of that title, too.

11 comments for “Alex Jones: Worst person to interview

1. Russell G.
    June 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

That was almost like an old SNL routine satirizing a stereotypical RW conspiracy fanatic.
    Hilarious how he shouts the name of his website at the end of nearly every sentence.
    WTH happened at 4:44? It was like someone pressed a button and he went (even more) berserk.
    Serious question: Can Alex really not understand how poorly he comes off by behaving like this? Or does he just not care?

2. Graham
    June 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM

If you watch the film version of “A Scanner Darkly” you can see Jones ranting away in much the same fashion.

3. spookyparadigm
    June 11, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Russell, Alex started small in Austin, and has been growing steadily to heights I would have not expected even a few years ago. Now, he’s lucked out in that a major portion of our political spectrum has embraced conspiracy theory due to demographic and socioeconomic changes and trends. But that said, his ranting has been on display for decades, and it seems to work for him.

4. spookyparadigm
    June 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM

The weird thing is, Alex is about my age. He’s only become mainstream recently, he started getting attention in the early 2000s. But I can’t remember a time I wasn’t aware of him, even though I’ve only spent one weekend in Austin in 2006 (I did see him on TV when I was there). I have no idea how I first heard of him, even though he’s been this obscure character to most people, he’s been a fixture in my understanding of American occulture for a long time.

5. One Eyed Jack
    June 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Did Alex Jones pop like a balloon pricked with a pin when the Edward Snowden story broke, or is he still alive?

Seriously, someone should check.

6. Adam
    June 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Alex Jones has been described as jocular and relatively normal off air. So I suspect the shouty ranting is largely an act designed to rile up the sort of people who subscribe to his worldview. The worldview itself is probably genuine though since he’s been at this for years, way before he enjoyed more mainstream “fame”.

7. June 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Alex didn’t blow up until someone at a local talk radio station took his lizard people rants and gave him a slot on the air. I think it was KLBJ? He is mercurial at best. I have friends, and others who say that while he can be jovial he’s also moody (Bipolar?)

It’s really too bad that he was picked for the slot. There were so many other creative, imaginative, and better shows on Austin public access, at that time.

8. Rich
    June 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think this is clearly the only tack to take with him in future interviews. Ask him how we can be sure he’s not a Bilderberg stooge? “…Ah, but that’s exactly what a Bilderberg stooge WOULD SAY, isn’t it, Mr Jones?”It might form a perfect feedback loop until it all disappears up… ah, you know.

9. Bob
    June 11, 2013 at 8:03 PM

We’re not his audience. His devotees are his audience. He doesn’t give a hoot what we think about him.

10. Gaius Cornelius
    June 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I watched as it was broadcast in the UK, I had never heard of Alex Jones – I wanted to listen to David Aaronovitch. I know who Alex Jones is now and I wont quickly forget, so I suppose he got what he wanted. Mr Aaronovitch didn’t get much of a chance to put his views across with this loon in the same room, he is well worth listening too on the subject of conspiracies and other topics.

See: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+aaronovitch&oq=david+aaronovitch&gs_l=youtube.3…0.0.0.71504538.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0…0.0…1ac..11.youtube.

11. Bob
    June 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Aaronovitch is quite good. It’s just unfortunate that he was paired with a tapdancing lunatic.