The latest in a long line of Messiahs

Talk about a Doubtful claim.

Former IT Specialist Claims To Be Jesus Reborn.

A man claiming to be Jesus is gaining followers and causing concern among cult experts in Australia.

Former IT specialist Alan John Miller, or AJ as he prefers to be known, runs a religious movement known as the Divine Truth from his home near the small town of Kingaroy in the state of Queensland.

Mr Miller claims that not only is he Christ, but his partner, Australian Mary Luck, is in fact Mary Magdalene, who according to the Bible was present at the crucifixion.

He told Sky News: “I have very clear memories of the crucifixion, but it wasn’t as harrowing for me as it was for others like Mary who was present.

People are starting to follow him, drawn into what they feel is a connection and wish to be close to him. But AJ says all they do is talk. He can’t understand where the cult idea has come from. Perhaps he should learn more about cults.

Also note, there are no ways to verify his highly questionable claims. In fact, they are completely implausible but, since we see a self-proclaimed Messiah every now and again, rather common.

Here is your associated movie suggestion:

Now, you listen here: ‘e’s not the Messiah, ‘e’s a very naughty boy! Now, go away!

-Life of Brian

Tip: Marcus Sprenkel

7 comments for “The latest in a long line of Messiahs

1. May 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Gullibility, delusion, cognitive deviance – 1
    Common sense, logic, truth – 0

2. May 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say I don’t think he’s Jesus.

3. May 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Life of Brian is a brilliant movie, however, in my opinion, one of the best movies exploring this issue of messianic insanity by someone claiming to be Jesus is “The Ruling Class“ with Peter O`Toole. I highly recommended this fascinating satire on religion and politics. see this synopsis:

Also, I`ve archived several news articles reporting on messianic cult leaders around the world. see this article and the links at the end of it:

“Sister of sect leader ‘Holy Ghost’ waiting trial for raping daughter says he also raped her“

4. LREKing
    May 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Several million people claim to believe that the planet’s governments are run by disguised lizard overlords.

I would love to know how many people think they’re Jesus at any given moment.

5. Phil
    May 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM

There are several tests I can think of. Multiply loaves of bread. Walk on water. Those are just the obvious ones.

6. RichardA
    May 30, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Kingaroy is a town at the centre of the peanut growing industry and the home of an ex premier of Queensland who was a “colourful character”

7. May 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM

@ Phil

“Loaves and fishes, loaves and fishes; man, that’s all people shout for. If I have a glass of water, they’re yelling ‘walk on it! Walk on it!’ It gets real tiring. That’s all my old material… I don’t do that stuff any more.”