Paranormal matchmaking site launched

If you want to have a spooky kind of date on purpose…

Spookydate: Filling a Coffin-Sized Hole in the Singles Market.

If you like hunting for ghosts or exploring old graveyards, but you’re tired of doing it by yourself, then Spookydate may be the place for you. It’s a dating site for people into everything from Jack the Ripper to zombies. Spookydate’s members’ idea of a romantic evening isn’t dinner and a movie, unless it’s a horror movie. But despite popular perception, these are just normal people with not-so-normal interests, insists Spookydate founder Tony Hart-Wilden.

Spookydate members can browse any of eight different categories: Zombies, Vampires, Horror Movies, The Paranormal, Unexplained Mysteries, UFOS, Monsters, and Urban Exploration in search of their perfect match.

Tony tells me there are other paranormal-themed dating sites out there but they aren’t good, he says. This is actually a neat idea, why NOT attract people to each other with mutual (if a bit fringe) interests. I wonder if maybe he might get some who are rather extreme about their interest in the paranormal. Since it’s just launched, I guess we have to wait and see.

If the business becomes profitable, Tony plans to use profits for cemetery restoration and other local-based projects.

7 comments for “Paranormal matchmaking site launched

1. Bob
    May 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

“Hey, baby. I know that you just met me, but would you like to go out to a secluded area at night?” This is going to do great.

2. Eve
    May 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM

SWF Type AB seeks male Type O for a bite…of dinner.

3. RDW
    May 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM

At first, I thought you meant it was a place where a Bigfoot could go to seek out a sweet little Loch Ness Monster, or a lonely space alien might find a friendly ghost.

4. spookyparadigm
    May 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

And the url I neglected to purchase is now blindingly obvious.

5. May 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Bah! I’m happily attached, but I had a look (with my other half present, I haste to add)… ;) My searches showed two users total. One chap and one lady. Now I have never actually joined a dating site, but that does seem a rather restrictive audience. However I hope the two of them hook up! :D

I had a look on Google and skeptic dating finds no equivalent site. So spookyparadigm here is still scope for a dating agency!

cj x

6. Russell G.
    May 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  7. May 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM

cj, I thought you’d be running your own by now.