Kevin Trudeau files bankruptcy

One of the least human human beings on earth is in trouble AGAIN. Yes, again. But he is one of those unsinkable rubber ducks.

Fraud Files Forensic Accounting Blog » Kevin Trudeau Bankruptcy Filing.

Serial charlatan Kevin Trudeau is up to his old tricks. Despite being caught by regulators violating consumer protection laws many times… despite being fined and sanctioned multiple times…. despite repeated violations of injunctions and orders….. Kevin Trudeau continuously invents new ways to avoid the long arm of the law.

Kevin Trudeau just filed for bankruptcy protection. And wouldn’t you know it, his lawyers say that the bankruptcy filing means the government can’t enforce an order that he pay a $37 million fine and that sanctions for non-payment cannot occur.

He can’t even WRITE right about bankruptcy but he knows the ins and outs now.

This looks like the original source for the news.
Whirled Musings: Bankruptcy: GIN members await Level 7 while Kevin Trudeau files Chapter 7.

More here.
The Bankruptcy Document Kevin Trudeau Doesn’t Want You to Know About.

Trudeau files for Bankruptcy!! | GINTruth.com.

“They” don’t want you to know about this. However, I expect he’ll be back with some new gimmick.

Screen shot of court paper

Screen shot of court paper

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

9 comments for “Kevin Trudeau files bankruptcy

1. RayG
    May 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Besides being wary of lawyers dealing with money in the first place, I cannot possibly understand a “Bankruptcy Lawyer”… Knowingly representing someone, “WITH NO MONEY” seems shady. Unless you’re aware of where the money is and KNOW that you will be paid.

2. May 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I used to read “Learn About Kevin Trudeau’s Million-Dollar Success!” every time I looked up what was new with this crank. I truly wish the worst for Trudeau, I want him to lose everything he owns and live in a box with a rabid raccoon.

3. May 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I know I should delete that comment but a box with a rabid raccoon is too good for him. He duped so many people and pocketed so much money. He and Jim McCormick are two peas in a stinky pod.

4. May 2, 2013 at 2:24 AM

They’re burning sorcerers at the stake down in Papua New Guinea. I suggest we send them Kevin Trudeau and tell them he’s a sorcerer. Let’s see if he can weasle his way out of THAT.

5. One Eyed Jack
    May 2, 2013 at 6:04 AM

“Knowingly representing someone, “WITH NO MONEY” seems shady. Unless you’re aware of where the money is and KNOW that you will be paid”

Lawyers get paid up-front, before the filing. They get their money first and then go out to make sure others don’t get theirs. “Shady” is probably being kind.

6. One Eyed Jack
    May 2, 2013 at 6:05 AM

“However, I expect he’ll be back with some new gimmick.”

If history repeats, he will be back with the same gimmick in a new package.

7. May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yikes, Trudeau has made such a mess of things over the years. $37 million is quite the sum to get off the hook for.

In response to desparaging comments about bankruptcy lawyers, of course there are shady attorneys. But many (most, I would hope) are honest people who want to help their clients get off to a fresh start. Bankrupt doesn’t mean someone’s broke necessarily, just that they’re not paying their bills or able to pay their bills. The process of filing bankruptcy requires that you disclose all your assets and file correctly. If you do this without the help of an attorney, you could do damage to your case. It’s unfair to label all bankruptcy lawyers as dishonest and selfish.

8. One Eyed Jack
    May 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Nobody said dishonest or selfish. Hmm, interesting. I said shady, and for the reason I stated. The lawyer gets paid. The creditors do not (or a fraction of what is owed). It should be the creditors that have first claim, not the hired gun.

Yes, I understand that not all lawyers are “shady”, but it’s a reputation that exists for a reason.

9. T. J. Green
    May 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM

jack, that makes no sense. why would a lawyer work for free esp. for a clirnt with money problems?