Calling 911 to report mind control is… inappropriate

There will always be *this guy* around in society.

Man ‘Controlled By Satellites’ Makes 100 Calls To 911 In A Month, Vows To Continue « CBS Sacramento.

A man who called 911 more than 100 times in one month says he’s not going to stop until his concerns are heard by the federal government.

He doesn’t believe he’s wasting the time of emergency responders because he has an emergency of his own: Shao believes he’s being watched by shadowy government authorities.

He claims to believe his body is controlled by satellites.

Sacramento Police say he’s ignored warnings to stop calling over and over, so they arrested him for 911 abuse.

Fresh out of jail, Shao promises he isn’t done dialing 911, “until Congress starts an investigation.”

He says he feels the effects from the satellites. I think it’s pretty obvious this guy needs help. I also think it’s pathetic that this is on the news. Just airing such a story is promoting nonsense.

Video report from CBS

9 comments for “Calling 911 to report mind control is… inappropriate

1. Chris Howard
    May 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM

So, are the satellites making him dial 911? I’m confused?

2. Brian
    May 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I dont care if this is actually happening to him- ya just do not call 911 or any other govt agencies for anything. Ever (unless it’s fire or medical). I learned that with a couple legit calls to the FBI. One- the woman switched me to a mental hospital without so much as a ‘how ya doing’ because PETA was causing me a lot of grief, from trespassing to filming me to harassing the neighbors behind me- and the other was because some f()*@)*# A!(#(*#() security guard at the local bus station was filling his quota for “evil bastard of the century”. I used the ‘color of law’ website the FBI hosts, and did what the thing asked me to. Followed up with a phone call, and- “we don’t deal with that sort of thing”. With me sitting right there with the website open and in front me, yet. (go look it up: “color of law”).

3. spookyparadigm
    May 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

One of my earlier blog posts was on the TI community, and they are out in force in that article’s comments.

4. Chris
    May 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

When my son had a seizure as a toddler I got a busy signal on my first try dialing 911. That was extremely frightening, and frustrating.

These people who abuse the emergency numbers make me angry. They will jam the system for legitimate emergencies and possibly cause real injury. That guy really needs the help of mental health services, which unfortunately is in short supply.

5. One Eyed Jack
    May 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Brian,

You contacted the FBI because a bus station guard had a bad attitude?

6. Bob
    May 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Did you see the ancient phone the reporter had? It sends smoke signals to the satellite it’s so old.

7. Graham
    May 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM

This sort of thing is a lot older than people think, if you search ‘Legal Humor’ websites you can find cases with people alleging mind control of various kinds.

Fairly typical is the case of Searight v New Jersey from 1976

“The complaint says that in October, 1962, Searight was taken to the Eye, Ear and Speech Clinic in Newark, while in custody, and that the State of New Jersey there unlawfully injected him in the left eye with a radium electric beam. As a result, he claims that someone now talks to him on the inside of his brain. He asks money damages of $12. million.”

8. Massachusetts
    May 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I’d say he’s got to be mentally ill, and it’s a serious problem for sure (calling 911, not the satellites controlling minds :) Though I don’t see a problem with this being in the news. At the very least it’s a reminder to the people, especially to kids and also the borderline adults out there, to think twice before calling 911 for a frivolous reason, though clearly someone who’s very impaired won’t get it.

9. May 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

James Tilly Matthews, alive and well and living in Sacramento. I hope the police do a bit more than arrest him and think they “may” look for some counseling for him; poor guy is obviously in considerable distress and needs some help. I hope he gets it.