The honors were given yesterday, April Fools’ Day.
Since 1997, the JREF’s annual Pigasus Awards have been bestowed on the most deserving charlatans, swindlers, psychics, pseudo-scientists, and faith healers—and on their credulous promoters, too. The awards are named for both the mythical flying horse Pegasus of Greek mythology, and the highly improbable flying pig of popular cliché.
This year’s winners include:
- Your least favorite cancer doc AND mine, Stanislaw Burzynski, who touts expensive “antineoplastons” treatment which has never been shown to be shown to be effective and he won’t even publish results of his FDA trials.
- The Pumpkin Hollow Retreat Center for promoting therapeutic touch.
- The SyFy channel for its parade of truly brainless paranormal shows.
- Radio host, Alex Jones for promotion of quackery and conspiracy.
- And The Pigasus Award for Refusal to Face Reality goes to Dr. Mehmet Oz.
Visit the link for more about the dubious winners. Well deserved, all.