Violent poltergeist case reported in France

Fascinating! Call in some real investigators. This could be the evidence we are looking for!

Mentque-Nortbecourt family says ghosts throw chairs, other objects – UPI.com.

A French family said they have sustained injuries from flying objects at their home, which they believe to be haunted by ghosts.

The residents of the home in Mentque-Nortbecourt said a family member was hospitalized earlier this month after being struck by a chair in the face and a soap tray in the back, The Local.fr reported Thursday.

The mother told France 3 television a friend had to be hospitalized this week after being struck by stones thrown by the haunting spirits.

I would really like to have this activity observed and documented. Poltergeist activity is controversial and skeptics are not convinced it’s anything more than hoaxes but here is a great opportunity to test it. Wait… they called in… AN EXORCIST. OH COME ON!!!!

If anyone has any more info on this, please let me know.

Tip: Russell G.

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.
This is not a forum or free-for-all. Only thoughtful additions and pertinent opinions will be approved.

  4 comments for “Violent poltergeist case reported in France

  1. April 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

    I couldn’t find much about this case, except that 1° the previous inhabitants of the house never had any problem; and 2° the family has an history of such problems in their previous house in another village. There are a few testimonies, including the mayor of the village who received an egg in the back… but no photos, no film. The family refused to let a TV crew enter the house. Some neighbours suspect either a plot to obtain a reduction of the renting price; or the results of a quarrel with the landowner…

    • April 26, 2013 at 8:58 PM

      Interesting, thanks!

      Side story — I once got hit in the back with an egg from a passing car. The egg bounced off my back and broke on the sidewalk. I thought that was fortuitously weird.

  2. Bob
    April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

    I bet skeptics throw chairs at the exorcist.

  3. April 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

    The local mayor seems to take it seriously, & the local authorities are supposedly rehousing them. Most of reports are in the local La Voix du Nord (Voice of the north) newspaper & online version. Some republishing of the story almost word for word in ladepech.fr. The tv chain TF1 however are more sceptical (probably more so, since the family refused them permission to film, or give a recorded interview.). The family are reportedly no longer living in the house,& have no fixed address, since being taken to hospital after the supposed flying chair & soap dish incident. Link to La Voix du Nord article (one of several) if you fancy a go at your French translation or have a translation app – http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/mentque-nortbecourt-la-famille-hantee-devrait-ia37b0n1198311 .

Comments are closed.