Russell Crowe does the UFO thing (UPDATE:solved)

For entertainment purposes only…
Russell Crowe catches ‘UFO’ on video.

The usually publicity-shy Gladiator performer said he captured what appears to be several flying objects whizzing over Sydney’s Botanical Gardens earlier this week and he’s posted the results on YouTube.

“A friend and I set camera to capture fruit bats rising from Botanic Gardens. This was a big surprise,” he tweeted on Wednesday.

Crowe provided a link to the footage, which was posted online late on Tuesday from a brand-new account by the name of ParallelUniverse1234.

It’s unclear if the account is run by the actor.

It’s short and unimpressive. This article hints it may be a ploy to stir publicity for his new movie. Once again, UFOs showing up on lame You Tube vids are just silly.

But this one is good. Is it a sailboat? Yep. Along with timed exposure and a telephoto lens, the photographer did not notice that something had passed by in between his location and the park. And it looks weird.

Here is another depiction of sailboat.

Tip: SnowWalkerPrime

6 comments for “Russell Crowe does the UFO thing (UPDATE:solved)

1. March 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Perhaps terms have changed. It used to be that ‘time-lapse’ photography referred to a mmoving picture of a slow process compressed into a short time frame (usually used to show plants growing from seedlings to flowering plants and such). This must have been a very slow UFO.

2. March 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Watched the video twice before I realized what was supposed to be the UFO. Looked like normal, blurry lens flare from a tail light or something. Lame.

3. March 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

That’s one of the worse UFO videos I’ve seen in a long time. You’d think someone like Russell Crowe could afford some better effects and some razzle dazzle…

4. terry the censor
    March 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

FAKE. Note that none of the trees or brush in the scene reflect any light given off by the subject. Also note that the video slowly zooms.

This is my guess:

It looks like a fluorescent ceiling light shining down on a table, with all of this reflecting on the inside surface of the room’s window. This light was popped out of the original image and transposed over a still photograph.

5. RDW
    March 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Bah, Humbug !! Although, if I WERE a flying saucer dude, I’d probably want to go to a place called Wooloomooloo to check out fruit bats.

6. Flucksy
    March 9, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I guess UFO’s look a lot like artifacts these days. Aliens are flying around in strips of light? To me the un-antialiasized effect (the object looks “blocky”) to me was an indicator that this was fishy. I’m not sure of the issues of lens artifacts, but I play a lot of video games and that sort of thing I know is easy to fix. Games from the early 2000s can replicate the effect x8 and I doubt cameras need a lot of processing power to do this effect a little.