Everything you need to know about how we make money off not finding Bigfoot. Animal Planet is releasing a book based on their successful series “Finding Bigfoot”.

Amazon.com: Finding Bigfoot: Everything You Need to Know .

A howl in the distance. The biggest footprint you’ve ever seen. A blurry figure in the distance. These are the clues that lead us to believe there is something out there—Bigfoot.

Already a fan of the wildly successful FINDING BIGFOOT show on Animal Planet? (One of the top-performing shows in the network’s history!) Stacked with information for your burning questions, this heavily illustrated work features a compelling narrative with commentary from the stars of the show, photographs and extras from the Animal Planet’s archives, and so much more.

Skeptics will be given all the information they need to decide for themselves if they believe, and enthusiasts will revel in this essential Bigfoot book.

Do you hear that howl? Bigfoot is calling.

I laugh. I despise this show but more so the premise behind it – that you can do science this way and on TV. If this series was portrayed as a joke, a comedy, I’d actually like it a lot. Actually, I’d say half the people who watch it think that’s what it might be. The other half might actually buy this book.

And, no, absolutely in no way can this book give you “all the information [you] need to decide for [yourself] if [you] believe”. Because it won’t give you all the information. It takes more than one fan book to do that. For more on the “You decide” gambit, see here.

For my take on Matt Moneymaker and making up your own Bigfoot facts, go here.
FBigfoot book

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

10 comments for “Irony alert: Book about Finding Bigfoot from people who have never found Bigfoot

1. March 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Mr. Wizard would cry if he could see what passes for science on tv today.

2. PeachyDharma
    March 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I won’t be able to resist perusing this book if it hits our local bookstore here in Santa Cruz. One of my favorite Bigfoot “facts” is that they understand our intent to photograph or film them and thus avoid cameras! How do they understand what a camera is? Incredible. Another puzzling claim is that there are thousands of documented tracks. Documented by whom? In what way? Or the thousands of eyewitness sightings… how have we determined these are genuine? It looks to me like all it takes to have a sighting documented is to fill out a report on BFRO’s website. They may follow up with a phone call. If the witness sounds credible, it is included in the database. Bingo, Bigfoot sighting documented.

3. One Eyed Jack
    March 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Big Foot. Aliens visitors.

Neither have been proven to exist. Therefore, I suspect that aliens and Big Foot are one in the same.

All hail our new Wookie overlords.

4. March 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I think that the cover is a still from the Patterson film does tell me everything I need to know.

Speaking of Bigfoot behavious ‘facts’, I recently read annotation on some internet blobsquatch footage that claimed it ticked several boxes of ‘known Bigfoot behaviour’ including – and I’m not joking – “tree-imitation.”

5. Chris Howard
    March 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

He’s smoking a pack and a half a day, anchored to a barstool at some roadside dive-bar, drinkin’ Coors “yellow bellies” off the beaten path in Oregon…

6. March 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

My favorite theory of what makes “big foot” tracks is that people walk in the snow in the morning, then see the same tracks later in the day. The warmer air has made the tracks bigger so they don’t look human. People who don’t understand this promptly think it’s some huge animal.

7. spookyparadigm
    March 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I suspect this will be a very cheaply written guide not so much to Bigfoot, but to the show. The “journey” and background on the cast, places they’ve gone (perhaps made up as a “list of Squatchy locales”) various anecdotes surrounding filming, as well as some cursory Bigfoot hunting tips etc. History Channel released a similar book for their show Digging for the Truth, some years ago, and the parts of the book Roswell Dig Diaries that aren’t the final CRM report, are like this. It’s based on the reality show model.

8. March 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM

By not finding Bigfoot, they found the money.

9. Bob
    March 31, 2013 at 10:12 PM

You know the cover looks a little like Joel and the bots pointing and laughing at the Patterson film. :)

10. Geoff
    April 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Animal Planet has a whole series of books with other ‘Facts’. One is about Mermaids, and it is an absolutely fraudulent set of evidences for them. Another, about Creature from the black Lagoon. Of course, the Loch Ness monster in another book. Animal Planet is not about real animals anymore. It has been changed into infotainment. The books make a special point to ask kids, “Now do you believe?”