Angel cloud seen as a religious sign in Florida

People saw this and correlated it to the announcment of Pope Francis.

Angel-Shaped Cloud Appears In Florida Sky After New Pope Is Announced (PHOTOS, VIDEO).

Photo: Ginger Teixeira Richmond from Facebook

Photo: Ginger Teixeira Richmond from Facebook

It seems like a casual coincidence to those who are not prone to find particular meaning in these things. But these types of correlation have powerful meaning to those of faith or serve as “signs” for those who interpret it in their own way.

There is no reason why an angel shaped cloud would appear just in this place. It is an interpretation of a shape in accordance with an event of personal significance. It’s very pretty. A person who has lost a loved one would find a different meaning in it from those who have a sick child or from weather watchers.

12 comments for “Angel cloud seen as a religious sign in Florida

1. Eve
    March 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM

A red cloud-angel? Surely that’s got to be a fallen cloud-angel. Also, it appears to have non-symmetrical boobs. I’m pretty sure heavenly angel boobs are perfect.

2. jim mcdougle
    March 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It looks like the world’s most awesome vagina to me. But then again, everything does to me.

3. March 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I once saw an aardvark playing tennis in the clouds down here in FL. But what’s weird is when I pointed at the cloud and asked my fiance what it looked like, she confirmed an aardvark playing tennis without prompting…now THATS a sign!

4. March 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I will introduce to my friends about this website, I think they will like it because it’s an interesting entertainment but not everyone can understand all about its value.

5. March 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM

If the new Pope was chosen in Rome, and came from South America, why was the angel in Florida?

6. Chris Howard
    March 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

The angel is clearly saying: “Enjoy Floridas pristine coastline, but wear sunscreen. God uses copper tone SPF 50.”

7. March 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Pareidolia. I am surprised at how few people know that term when these “miracles” happen.

8. Old Rockin' Dave
    March 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM

It’s a Tinkerbelle cloud. Disney is headquartered in Florida. Draw your own conclusions.

9. March 15, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I see NOTHING wrong with people interpreting what they see as what they WANT to see. If their faith lets them see an Angel, so what? Is that such a bad thing? No worse than seeing The Madonna in a window stain or similar happening. Sometimes the News makes these people look silly or insane. Why? Faith is a deeply personal thing and shouldn’t be belittled in that way. I am certainly no one to say what religious significance it may have, but if it gives people comfort- let them have their moment. Don’t treat them as nutjobs. What they SHOULDN’T do is try and force YOU into believing what they believe it is.

10. RDW
    March 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM

There appears to be what might be a vapor trail leading up from the ground to the base of the apparition. Could this be another man- made ” miracle “, such as the weeping and bleeding statues ?? It seems like it would be only a short technological jump from simple fire-works to such a thing. And religious people tend to take their illusions very, very, seriously.

11. Old Rockin' Dave
    March 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

RayG, there IS something wrong with people seeing angels, Jesus, Mary, and so forth: nobody really knows what any of them is supposed to look like. We don’t have Mary’s drivers license or a skywatcher’s guide to angels. They are taking trite, cliched images that they have been spoonfed since infancy and detecting a resemblance to that. All the images on toast that “look like” Jesus have a short beard, but if Jesus existed, maybe he had a beard to his waist, or maybe he was alopecic and his beard fell out. No one can say. Look for one of these identifications of Mary and find me one without a cowl or hood. Did she wear one? Nobody knows. It’s sad that people keep regurgitating the same old stuff without ever questioning why they identify these things the way they do.

12. Halidom
    March 19, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I agree with RayG if people want to get enjoyment from a cloud I’m not going to deride or scorn them.
    The world is full of ugly so if they get pleasure from interpreting the cloud as looking like an Angel I’m
    all for it. We may not know what an Angel looks like or any of the people in that book. Yet we are given
    perceptions of what they look like in so many pictures and stories. Yes I agree people see strange things
    in strange places but who are they hurting? If it makes them happy and improves their life great. To scorn them is like saying you don’t like people to be happy or faithful. I agree I don’t want it forced on me but it made them happy I would be willing to say yes it looks like an Angel.