You might do a double take if this appeared in your photos (Update)

A surprise awaited viewers of this snapshot.

“Really strange” sight in Crathes  – Donside Piper and Herald.

Clare Stewart was on a quiet family walk in Crathes recently, with seven-year-old Melissa in tow her sister stopped to take a picture to remember the day forever.

Little did she know that the picture would show more than just her daughter.

Clare’s photo seems to show a sort of “face” in the puddle next to where Melissa stands.

It’s very creepy. I blocked out the face in the picture since it’s a child. But you can still see the face. You can also see how it’s a bit disturbing to find that on a photo but it’s just pareidolia. There was some reflection or glare caught and our brains interpret it as a face.

Some people went TOO far and claimed it was the Green Lady of Crathes who haunts the castle. No.
puddle face

UPDATE: (18-Feb-2013) Rocky Mountain Paranormal has done an analysis of the photo and determined it was a smart phone app – Ghost Cam. See here.

7 comments for “You might do a double take if this appeared in your photos (Update)

1. Stuart Robbins
    February 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Good one. I’m collecting these from your site for ideas for my TAM workshop (got confirmation from DJ that I’ll be doing a workshop on image anomalies … but I haven’t announced it yet since there hasn’t been an official TAM schedule announcement yet).

2. RDW
    February 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM

If it didn’t overlap her coat, I’d wonder if it might not be a reflection of a cloud in the water.

3. Stuart Robbins
    February 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM

That’s what I was thinking, too. To me, it looks like a smudge on the lens. So many people with tiny cameras these days that they just stick in their pockets, handle, etc. … that’s my go-to explanation for stuff like this.

4. One Eyed Jack
    February 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Phil Plait and Richard Wiseman would be good resources for this type of material as well. They both enjoy pareidolia and frequently post images on their blogs.

5. Chris Howard
    February 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM

This is clearly the goblin king from LOR.

6. oldebabe
    February 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Oh, come on. It’s looks just like some kind of smear…

7. February 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM

It looks like it was created with an app called “Ghost Cam” there are settings that allow the number and placement of ghosts in the image and after testing I have found one that looks like the right one… Just another hoax.