Identified flying objects…

UFO Sightings: Eight Bird-Like Objects Spotted Flying in Synchronised Manner – International Business Times

Eight unidentified flying objects were spotted in the skies of Mexico during the last week of January.

A video uploaded on YouTube showed eight unidentified objects flying in a synchronised manner which could be mistaken for birds. But a closer look revealed that the wing-like structures attached to each object do not flap and the rest of the body seem to emit fluorescent light.

The objects change the course of flight together making it appear as if they were controlled by intelligence.

[…]

Scott C Waring of UFO Sightings Daily said, “At first glance I made the mistake of assuming this was a video of seagulls. I was mistaken. Not a single one of them flap like a bird would. These objects appear to be a fleet of UFOs or even possibly DARPA drones being tested in Mexico. Notice how the UFOs or drones synchronise in flight and clearly show that they are controlled by intelligence. They also look a little like the secret aircraft the TR3B.”

The video accompanying the article was uploaded to YouTube and copied below. One would hope an experienced UFOlogist would know many birds can go very long periods of time without flapping their wings while riding thermal updrafts and at least know what online resources are available to identify a large white bird with black wing tips.

High resolution videos and images shall always be the bane of those that prematurely jump on the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis. I’ve seen snow geese mistaken for flying saucers before so it only took me 30 seconds to find a better resolution video.

CORRECTION: Several commenters have identified the birds as white pelicans. Thanks, guys!

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

11 comments for “Sooper Secret aircraft AKA snow geese (Correction: they are white pelicans, not snow geese)

1. February 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

When I see videos like this I want to scream “FOCUS THE DAMN CAMERA!”

• Jim Price
      February 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

They don’t want the camera in focus because it would destroy their ludicrous claims.

2. WCG
    February 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Heh, heh. That’s great! But I must say that they look more like white pelicans to me, rather than snow geese. And this is VERY common behavior for pelicans.

However, my eyes aren’t what they were, and it’s been a long time since I did much bird-watching, so I could easily be wrong.

3. Chew
    February 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Excellent! Do you think the birds in the Vimeo video are white pelicans as well? The wing and body shape look more like snow geese than pelicans. Compare to the video of white pelicans on YouTube titled “Soaring White Pelicans”. Skip to 30 seconds.

4. Doug Taylor
    February 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Both vids show American White Pelicans without a doubt. The distribution of black on the wings, flight characteristics (soaring, no or little wing flapping, necks folded into an S shape (retracted as opposed to extended in Geese)). etc. etc.

• Chew
      February 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Thank you for the correction! I just checked range charts of both birds and the white pelican inhabits most of Mexico and the Great Salt Lake area (where the second video was recorded) while snow geese inhabit very little of Mexico and do not migrate over Great Salt Lake.

• Doug Taylor
        February 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

You are very welcome. When it comes to high altitude soaring, nothing comes even close to the A.W. Pelican. The synchronicity is simply amazing. When they do add some wing-flapping for course correction it is done sequentially within the flock as if coreographed. Wingspans are often over nine feet!..three times greater than Snow Geese, so the turns are majestic and graceful. Geese tend to almost always rapidly flap, make a beeline at high speeds and don’t work the thermals, instead relying on powerful wingbeats generated by their massive and powerful grain-fueled breast muscles.

5. Kev
    February 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yep. Both vids looking like white pelicans. They have remarkable flight characteristics, and from a distance, will disappear when viewed on-edge, then magically reappear starkly against the sky….

6. WCG
    February 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for the backup, Doug. I should have been more confident of my ID. Well, I would have been decades ago. Still, everything about those videos indicated pelicans, rather than geese. As you pointed out.

7. WCG
    February 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Yes, and that’s really neat to see, isn’t it, Kev? Still, it never once occurred to me that pelicans could be mistaken for UFOs.

8. Peter Zahn
    February 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM

As a long time waterfowl hunter I can say with some confidence these are not snow geese. The body mass is not right for one thing, and snows tend to fly in larger tighter formations. And I have never seen snows go flapless for so long either.
    I have only seen a few pelicans while out hunting so I can’t say for a certainty that is what they are, but I’d put my money on pelicans over snows for sure.
    The bottom video almost looks like kites flying. Whatever they are, its entertaining to watch their flight.