Hey Pat, who’s nutty?

Your Friday Funny.

Pat Robertson: Only ‘nutty’ Ph.D.s believe climate change causes more blizzards | The Raw Story.

Televangelist Pat Robertson on Thursday dismissed scientific evidence that large winter storms are linked to climate change, insisting that only “nutty” Ph.D.s believe the theory.

A Thursday 700 Club report pointed out that a recent Princeton study projected that there would be less overall snowfall, but larger snow storms and blizzards as carbon dioxide rates soared in the next 50 to 60 years.

“Only in Princeton would people say nutty things like that,” Robertson quipped. “You know, they get to be Ph.D.s and they wonder where they’ve studied and learned all these things. But I tell you, if you’re a true believer, bad things will happen because you see them coming.”

I have ZERO tolerance for Pat Robertson, a televangelist that enjoys telling couples how to behave (especially women), people how to live (especially gays), and scientists that they are dumb. Well, scientists aren’t the ones sounding like they’ve lost touch with reality on national TV.

Please don’t listen to a preacher tell you about climate change. It’s just idiotic. But I suspect I’m preaching to the choir.

7 comments for “Hey Pat, who’s nutty?

1. Brian
    February 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Why isnt holier than thou spinning this as a “god’s punishment! The end is nigh! You have all sinned” crap he usually does? I am suspicious…. Really, Really susupicious. Something stinks- because he’s out of character..

2. February 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Of course, Pat Robertson’s degree in climatological study is from… from… um….

3. Chris Howard
    February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yeah, every time I fly into Raleigh-Durham I see his big cheesy grin and think to myself “What the Hell is wrong with people, that they think its okay to give ad space to a hate monger?”

4. Chris Howard
    February 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Oops! I mean Norfolk! Sorry Raliegh-Durham. :-/

5. thesaintdoktoroscar
    February 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM

“But I tell you, if you’re a true believer, bad things will happen because you see them coming.”
    I’m not sure exactly what that tortured sentence means, but here’s Pat admitting that he got the wrong message from “god” recently:

6. Phil
    February 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Nutty Phds? If you have a toothache you see a dentist. If you need a new transmission you go to a transmission shop. If you have questions about Christian theology you ask a minister or priest. But in Robertson’s world if you have questions about climate you don’t ask a climate scientist!

7. Flucksy
    March 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Half of what he was quoted saying didn’t any make sense and the rest was flat out wrong. I hope he realizes that people don’t have to be scientists to have a Ph.D.