Countdown: It’s here! The Unapocalypse

Screen Shot 2012-10-12 at 4.11.49 PM13.0.0.0.0 or as we like to call it, Friday.

WOO HOO!!!

Maya Expert: The ‘End Of Times’ Is Our Idea, Not The Ancients’ : The Two-Way : NPR.

The Mayan apocalypse: Guardian guide to the end of the world part 1 – video | World news | guardian.co.uk.

What’s with the Chinese Mayan-Doomsday Cult? : The New Yorker.

The press ate it up.
Mayan apocalypse: End of the world, or a new beginning?

Fearful ‘end of world’ calls, emails flood NASA as Dec. 21 nears

Par-Tay
Mayan calendar nears end: Doomsday or party?

Jeffs jumps on the bandwagon. Do you get the impression he craves attention “[K]eeping his people stirred up and paranoid and scared, and that fear is how he maintains control of them”
Imprisoned FLDS ‘Prophet’ Predicts the End of the World — Again

End of World Means Most Amazing Home Page Ever, Says Google

Your Guide to the Mayan Apocalypse, the Secret Planet Nibiru, and the End of the World, Which Is Happening Tomorrow.

And just like every other “end of the world” ever. It didn’t happen.

9 comments for “Countdown: It’s here! The Unapocalypse

1. Shen
    December 21, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I missed it, noticed it after an hour has already passed. D’awww…it could have atleast given me a better sign than faint scratching noises in my ceilling! Well, they were probably just Rods up in there, nothing special.

Happy new B’ak’tun, everybody! :)

2. Stuart Robbins
    December 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Well, let’s not get ahead of ourselves’ here … the solstice isn’t for another 3 hrs 19 minutes. I’m sure that’s enough time for a giant planet to come swing by!

Though, I’m going to bed now (US time, and I have to get up in 7 hrs), so I may sleep through it. Wake me up if something special happens. ;)

3. Eisbein
    December 21, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Damn!
    What am I gonna do now with 500kg dried chickpeas,

I got up this morning, and everything looks pretty normal to me.

4. December 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Was it figured according to the Gregorian Mayan calendar or the Julien Matan calendar? We may have another eleven days.

• December 21, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Don’t. Even…

• Chew
      December 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM

13 days actually. Since the Gregorian calendar was first instituted in 1582 the difference between the two calendars has increased by 2 days.

5. Curtis Haymore
    December 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Point of information: isn’t that the Aztec calendar you are showing? The Mayan calendar isn’t round, looks very different.

6. January 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I’m still for making fun of these people.