Reverend Bob Larson’s exorcism show is cancelled before the premier!

After a long wait, the Reverend Bob Larson show The Real Exorcist hits TV! AND promptly gets cancelled!!!

Gee, I wonder why.

Reverend Bob Larson Hits Lifetime with The Real Exorcist |  Dread Central

Nobody is hotter on TV or at the box office than the devil. Whether you believe in him/her/it or not, you gotta give the red bastard his due because he rakes in the ratings and the cash. Realizing this, the Lifetime network(!) is bringing the world “The Real Exorcist” this Halloween.

That’s right, kids! Christ’s ultimate warrior, Reverend Bob Larson, will be doing his damnedest to get rid of the damned on Lifetime starting Wednesday, October 31st, at 11pm ET/PT.

Always with the cross…

So, I’ve seen this show pending to air for a very long time. It was originally a special that aired on SciFi channel (when it was still called that in 2008) but was picked up as a series by Lifetime. I wondered why it was taking so long to air.

About a week ago, I saw a video of Rev. Bob casting out a demon from a gay man. It was weird (as all exorcisms are) but did this imply that the demons were accountable for the ‘gay’? That wasn’t clear.

So tonight was the premier of Rev. Bob’s show. Now, we don’t think too highly of Rev. Bob and his band of teenage exorcists. So, I was not unhappy to hear the news by Rev. Bob himself that…

LIFETIME CHANNEL CANCELS THE REAL EXORCIST

I’m still in a state of shock. Word of the cancelation reached me less than 30 hours before the show was to premiere. My agent was taken by surprise. The production company that filmed the show was stunned. We still don’t have all the answers, but here’s what we do know.

You’ve read my emails saying that for over a week our offices have been bombarded by incredibly obscene calls from homosexual activists. Someone from the gay community found a 14-year-old video of me casting a demon out of a man who mentioned being affected by homosexual desires. Though it wasn’t a “gay exorcism” as the activists proclaimed (the demon cast out was Anger), the facts were overlooked.

Rev. Bob goes on to say it wasn’t about the gay. And, he is probably right, the show perhaps didn’t even go there, that video was old. But Rev. Bob has baggage. The possible funniest quote on his blog was: “It is a sad day in America when those who yell the loudest prevail over reason.” Oh really? Like when you yell that this person is possessed. That’s reason? Lifetime is not above exploiting people but this may have been too weird for them. The Catholic Church frowns on making a spectacle of exorcism and Larson is not a reputable figure. I don’t know what happened to can the show but I can’t say I’m disappointed because there is hardly anything worse than someone going around telling everyone their problems are all caused by demons.

Comments are tightly moderated. Please follow the Comment Policy.

18 comments for “Reverend Bob Larson’s exorcism show is cancelled before the premier!

1. Bob
    October 31, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It with the deepest sincerity that I say….HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That is all.

Bob

• November 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Common sense prevails… for a change.

2. Hertzey
    November 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Excuse me, I need to do my happy dance.

3. moe
    November 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

One clarification: His “reality series” “The Real Exorcist” originally aired on the UK Virgin1 network a few years BEFORE the SyFy neteork aired four episodes. His series was cancelled from Virgin1 after 8 episodes due to viewers complaints. Larson billed this to Lifetime as a “new” series when in fact it is not. I found a casting call post for TRE online listed a few weeks before he and the recording crew he hired started taping TRE. Two women he exploited on TRE have come forward to tell what he did to them. You can see audiovideos of both interviewed by Rev. Darrell Motal AKA the Paranormal Preacher online. “Interview With the Victim of a Vampire” is ine three parter.

His claim that the “gay exorcism” video was taken out of context is one of his many deceptions/ half truths. Interestingky YouTube pulled the original saying it was, among other things, a con. I have a VHS of his “interview” in his radio studoe with a male to female transsexual that is much worse thsn the “gay exorcism” vid, and he sold this VHS to his donors.

Another vid he sells is the dvd “The Danger if Denying Deliverance” where he crassly shows his smugness at Steve Irwin’s death.

4. Frank
    November 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yeah, telling the mentally ill that their delusions of being attacked by demons are real is a great and perfectly harmless course of action, and it’s totally appropriate to film a “reality” show about it.

• moe
      November 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Franky, Larson makes a lot of phony justificatios for what he does. For him, while he’ll never admit it, its about his never ending need for “fame and fortune” If you think TRE sounded like a bad exploitation, you haven’t heard of his “teen exorcist”exploitation he’s been trying to sell as a reality series and to publicise his “international school of exorcism”. The fact that to sincere Christian experts, what Larson is doing is questionable, unethical and apostate. His ministerial degree he got from a mail order diploma mill, is a college drop out. I haven’t heard where or if he is certified for being a counselor. Two words that sum him up– exploitation and greed.

• November 1, 2012 at 7:01 PM

We’ve posted two stories on the Teen Exorcists already. I find him despicable.

• moe
          November 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

So do I. Despicable is one of a number of words that come to mind. Sorry I didn’t see your two TE mentions, but I will add them to my Larson file.

5. Barry Weber
    November 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM

The [deleted – ed.] Bob Larson has been dredging the bottom of the non-critical thinking swamp for decades. I am elated that his long held dream of a reality show starring himself has been derailed, that his already tainted name and history has further been sullied, and that his putrid crap will not have the chance to be discovered and lapped up [deleted – ed.].

Despicable is not the right word. Despicable to the tenth power is the only correct phrase to use with this blaspheming, [deleted – ed. Use your imagination].

[Please watch your words and accusations – ed.]

• November 2, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Dear Barry. As much as I agree with your sentiments (and I do) I have edited the comment to not conflict with our comment policy about name calling.

I hope you understand. Just trying to be consistent and avoid any libel trouble. Thanks.

• Brian
      November 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM

What gets me is how people like him manage to succeed SO well. If there’s truly a god and he hates being mocked- why all the mock preachers and showboating that hurts (and kills) millions? You’d think people like him would be in jail or dead (after someone used him for target practice for screwing up them or their family)- and not raking in millions of dollars AND followers.

I am actually at a loss to figure this out. If there is equinamity in the universe- people like him should have been thrown out in the cosmic trash. Either way, something BIG should be biting these charltans in their holy britches- and regularly.

• moe
        November 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Brian, Larson has in fact been “bitten” on his ” holy britches” recently. Lets see, he supposedly had major surgery for intestinal abscesses, had a knee replacement surgery, then double knee surgery, then soon after supposedly suffered a heart attack, all of which he claims created major financial setbacks to his” ministry” [deleted – ed.]. He used to have some fame and credibility ( if you could call it that) in Christian circles but he has fallen in disfavor with the Christians for good reasons. So he schlupps around trying to get media attention on himself, jumps in to make idiotic claims about exorcism after the recent exorcism movies came out ( and retreated big time from his association as publicity hack for the awful movie ” The Devil Inside” once he found out critics panned the movie) and the college drop out and “minister” from a mail order diploma mill is trying to sell the “teen exorcists” as part of his publicity for his ” Bob Larson International School of Exorcism” where [deleted – ed.] can pay and pay and pay for three “associate degrees”, none of which are accepted in an accredited school of higher learning.

[please watch the words and accusations – ed.]

6. Brian
    November 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I dunno how to write this without sounding snarky:

If he’s *that* good at what he does, and Jesus is *truly* on his side- he should, against all odds, be able ot supernaturally get the show back on the air. no lawyers, no threats, nada. I had a gutful of people like him some time ago. Personal experience is an amazing teacher.

I have *yet* to see anyone actually pull off a real miracle. I know I will not be holding my breath……

• moe
      November 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Brian, he’s not that good at all. In fact this is not his first time to get a show of his in TV. He used to be the shock jock of Christian radio until a few indescretions became public. He tried a few TV talk shows attempts on Christian TV stations, ended up canned repeatedly and in disfavor with the station owners, tried–and failed– to get a “dramatization” of his alleged exorcism experience as a TV series with the ” Joan of Arcadia” producer in the ” Demon” series project, where a pilot was made but it did not sell. TRE he hired a production crew to film and edit and as I posted, it was on Virgin1 before that too was cancelled. For the past year and a half he’s been trying to sell “Teen Exorcists” as a new reality series first with five teenagers,now three, and with changing promotion strategies, like calling them ” demons slayers”. He uses stage hypnosis to con his audience into believing they have demons or curses, He failed exorcising Necorbutcher ( video is easily available online) and he does not have the “spiritual discernment” as Christians claim they have, to distinguish when someone is faking it like the Shirley Ghostman video shows clearly. It is my opinion that Bob Larson, if he ever was a sincere Christian, is not one now and he pretends to care as a lure to get suckers in his web of deceit. I know of two Christian observers online who posted that they think the ” demons” are coming FROM Bob Larson. One thing is for sure, he’s full of something but I doubt it’s pleasant.

7. November 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I sense some deep feelings about Rev. Bob. :-P

I think we’ve had quite enough with the accusations. If you have anymore, you need to site some sources, please. And, read the comment policy, I’m starting to delete things… This is not a forum. Your personal rantings are not appropriate.

• steve
      November 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Thanks idoubtit for appropriately monitoring the comments. Good job.

8. Randy O'Nally
    November 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Larson…Oh boy I used to call his radio show and tell him about how I sacrifice goats to Satan. He is such carnie trash.